Cortisol causing weight gain

Options
Recently I read about the hormone cortisol causing weight gain, it's produced when a person is under stress and results in fat cells getting larger, or that's my interpretation of what I read. Does anyone know what the typical rate (ie kilograms per month) of fat increase is for someone under a lot of stress? Any links to journal articles etc would be appreciated too. Thanks.

Replies

• Sedge1977
    Sedge1977 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I don't the answer to your question. However my spouse takes cortisol medicine and his endocrinologist said people with that typically gain 50lbs the first year and then about 2 lbs more a more before leveling out at 350 or so. Unless they are really disciplined in what they eat and get a lot of exercise.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Recently I read about the hormone cortisol causing weight gain, it's produced when a person is under stress and results in fat cells getting larger, or that's my interpretation of what I read. Does anyone know what the typical rate (ie kilograms per month) of fat increase is for someone under a lot of stress? Any links to journal articles etc would be appreciated too. Thanks.

Rate will be:

Eat less than you burn= losing
    Eat more than you burn=gaining
    Eat the same as you burn= nothing

It increases your appetite when you give in yes you will gain. When you start taking it you can gain some water weight. But it stops. Just dont give into your appetite, eat less than you burn and you will lose weight even.

I dont have links, but they are out there. Just google it.