From Southeast US and looking for friends

Options
Hi everyone! I used this app for a while before and then quit when it started to feel like using it only made me hate myself for my eating choices, but I'm wanting to really eat better and start exercising more. So, I'm back again and with renewed confidence in myself. I didn't exercise much before, but I'm trying to make it a habit now. Any friends for motivation and inspiration are greatly appreciated. I think the lack of is what made it easy to quit before and I'm hoping to make this a lifelong decision.

Replies

• larali1980
    larali1980 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Added you!
  • bmchenry02
    bmchenry02 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'll add you! I just started Jamie Eason's 12 week LiveFit program. What are your goals?
  • jmd543
    jmd543 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Greetings from NC and best wishes. I agree that building a support structure is going to help you reach your goal this time. Good job getting back into it.
  • Brandi_Reeves
    Brandi_Reeves Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I don't really have any weight goals other than just to be healthier, but I definitely want toned abs and stronger arms. I do the yard work at my house and pulling weeds along with using a weed-eater usually keeps my arms fairly strong, but that's only during the summer. How are you liking that program, bmchenry02?
  • gypsyish
    gypsyish Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm down in the southeast (NC) too =]

I've lost over 20 pounds since the end of March through calorie counting and staying lightly active. Having MFP friends to share struggles and successes with definitely adds a lot of motivation. Feel free to add me.