Washington State USA

Options
usagiannora
usagiannora Posts: 10 Member
Hello to everyone! I am hoping to find fellow motivators with MyFitnessPal. I think most of us are on the same page. We need to loose weight for one reason or another.

This is personal, but I am hoping to find people similar to me. People who struggle with medical conditions.

I am 5'3" and I weigh just under 185 lbs! This is the heaviest I have been in my life. I struggle with depression, anxiety, PTSD, Bi-polar disorder type 2, Endometriosis, and fibromyalgia. I've been in therapy improving my mental health for the past 8 years. I've been in and out of physical therapy from injuries, accidents, and domestic abuse for the past 8 years as well. I've gone through so much medically in the past 8 years that I didn't have a choice but to be on bed rest, what felt like 24/7. I am ready to get back to working out, getting in to a routine, and starting to live my life again. I don't have a lot of friends on this app/website. So please add me and we can encourage one another.

Replies

• crystrusty
    crystrusty Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello. I also have fibromyalgia and a few other health issues. I have found that water therapy has helped. I signed up for water aerobics at my local community center (YMCA/gym/ ect). Good luck and feel free to friend me
  • Dad623
    Dad623 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Saskatchewan here! You are going to do great. Just by posting on here is a great start! I started almost 2 weeks ago and seeing results already.
    Just be the best YOU you can be and you'll do good! Here's to you being happy! All the best! (Add me if you like).
  • usagiannora
    Options
    Thank you for that. It doesn't feel like it most days. I've been at this for 17 days now and I don't really see any results from my hard work. Which is a problem for me. It's so easy to get demotivated. But I am still kicking myself out the door several times a week to get walking or do... something. My doctor recommended walking several times a day, but even that is a struggle. I'm unemployed at the moment so anything that requires membership isn't an option. I even checked with YMCA about a free/reduced membership and they want the paycheck information of the people I live with, which I think is just ridiculous and invasive.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Just keep pushing yourself out the door until it becomes a habit!

I also have fibro and some more serious health issues. I was bedridden for a couple of years (brain aneurysm, brain surgery, pituitary failure) and also had a period of time where I was having tons of surgery.

I started at 300 pounds and could only walk and swim at first. I am still quite overweight but my level of fitness is very good. Staying active really seems to help to prevent fibro flares.

Good luck to you!
  • usagiannora
    Options
    You are quite the inspiration! I am so proud of you. I know I don't know you, but it's always so exciting to see people with medical conditions an slightly obese to well, more obese really working hard and making a difference. That is so amazing that you are really working very hard. Have you seen a difference? I ask because I get so depressed when I know I've been working so very hard and just get disappointed because there seems to be no difference at all. I don't know about you, but I have been talking to doctor after doctor with my medical conditions and bringing up every time, why am I struggling to loose weight? I eat really healthy, I exercise every day and now I am up to walking 3 - 4 miles on average every day, and I am incorporating 5 lb weights. I have had some doctors try to tell me that maybe it's bad genes and this is just the way its going to be the rest of my adult life. I'm sorry but I just can not accept that. Before my car accidents, before all the illness, before all the surgeries, I WAS IN GREAT SHAPE! I walked, I ran, I swam, I skated on roller blades, I biked, I danced, I went hiking multiple times a month every summer, on a rare occasion I even rock climbed. It seems like ever sense my abusive relationship started with the abuse, and that 1st car accident, everything in my life just seemed to fall apart and ever sense I feel like I'm trying to pick up the pieces and see where they are meant to fit again. I hate it. I see all these people who really work hard and deal with all kinds of mental, and physical illnesses, and they do great. I want to jump up and down and cheer loudly for them. I try not to compare myself but I do. I compare myself to me and me alone, 'what's the matter with me? Why won't my weight change after all the hard work I've done? I feel great, and feel better, but physically I see nothing." This is partly why I am still in therapy.
  • ashmaury91
    ashmaury91 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Longview/kelso area here. I feel your pain. When i got married and had my daughter i weighed 230lbs. I lost my baby weight but still was about 200lbs. My marriage was terrible and abusive too. We split up two years ago and today im much happier! I finally decided to take control of my life and it was then i was able to lose the weight i wanted. Im now at 146lbs. Im thinking another 20 just to be in the "100 lbs lost club" lol good luck, feel free to add me!