40 lb to lose

Options
Hi all im trying to lose over 40lb and make new friends along the way as it isn't going to be easy, please feel free to add me

Replies

• treblemaker555
    treblemaker555 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm trying to lose 40+ pounds as well so I get what you're going through! I've been at it for weeks and well, it seems like I lose 3 pounds, and then gain them back......I also need support so maybe we can help each other
  • Lilblubug
    Lilblubug Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just started yesterday and I am also trying to lose 40lbs. How long have you been trying?
  • Jessy1967
    Jessy1967 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi, I started this week. I am trying to lose 30 pounds. I have a family wedding come up in 8 weeks and would like to lose least 15 by then. I am looking for good support group. I been going to the gym 5 days a week and have not see any results yet. I am looking for good suggestion . Please help.

• schandler1011
    schandler1011 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Welcome! We're all in this together! :)
  • CramerCheryl
    CramerCheryl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good morning! My name is Cheryl and I need to lose 40lbs also. I started my journey 5-6 weeks ago and so far I have lost 8-9 lbs. I haven't incorporated any cardio or lifting into my plan yet. Strictly focusing on food for now and hope to work into the physical aspect eventually. I am SO ready to be in charge of my weight! Here's to all of us trying to lose this 40 lbs!
  • Jessy1967
    Jessy1967 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hello Cheryl, My name is Jessy, You are doing very good. Keep up the good work.
  • Suzley
    Suzley Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hello there I am looking to lose 40lbs more to be at the right weight for my height. When I started this a few months ago I wanted it done by my Bday in October. Now I know it's a lifetime journey I have calmed down a bit and I realistically think it will be another 6 -12 months but that's ok. The slow and steady approach is more sustainable and means if I want to eat out or have some wine I won't get into the guilt and give up cycle! This app really works if you log everything! Absolutely everything! It makes you stop and consider each calorie - is it worth it? Before this app I had no idea how many calories I was consuming every day. It was probably 3000 to 5000! Good luck everyone with your journey- add me if you like and you can share the good and bad times!! ☕️
  • CramerCheryl
    CramerCheryl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Jessy, and thanks. Going to give it my best shot.
  • suziedrew84
    suziedrew84 Posts: 6 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hi looking to lose 40+lbs, started Tuesday, realistic long lifetime journey, but job prevents me from joining local groups for support so feel free to add me, opened my food diary so I dont kid myself, so determined for my health. :)
  • MarioChiesa
    MarioChiesa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've been working on losing 40lbs and so far lost 25. I don't work out at a gym but I'm starting to do more outside as it gets warmer out. Swimming, golfing, walking and bike riding on the trails. What I've been doing is completely changed my diet. I never ate breakfast and now I am, I eat dinner as well but I watch my proportions and eat until I'm satisfied not when I feel full because if I eat until I'm full I probably ate too much. I was 185lbs then started this app at 175lbs and now today I'm 150lbs. That was in a short amount of time too. I'm working to at least 140lbs then start building muscle from there. Anyone can add me if you choose to, I struggled for awhile but I'm getting back on track to a better future.
  • opalle
    opalle Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Today is day 29 for me, I've lost 9 lbs so far and have another 38 to go. Feel free to add me if you like. ☺
    I'm on daily and my diary is open too.

• welshchick666
    welshchick666 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Lilblubug wrote: »
    Hi! I just started yesterday and I am also trying to lose 40lbs. How long have you been trying?

Have just started back on my weight loss journey a week ago
  • kittyjj1983
    kittyjj1983 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone I'm Jessica and I just had a baby 4 weeks ago. I am trying to loose 50 pounds!!! I need all the help and motivation I can get because I have no clue as to how to successfully lose weight or even eat healthy. Please add me as a friend!