Kaylas BBG

Options
Just started week 1 day 1- anyone else find this near impossible? So hard!!

Replies

• foreverfrida
    foreverfrida Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised no one has commented. I'm going to start soon and I feel like I'm gonna be in the same boat! Can I ask what you used as a substitute for a weight bench? Or did you go to the gym? Good luck!
  • bmchenry02
    bmchenry02 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I started her plan a few months back but then decided I was better off (just based on my goals) to focus on weight lifting instead. I've heard great things about it but some moves were hard on my lower back in round 2. I think she calls them weighted jackknives. I found some days I could only do two rounds instead of 4. Still felt progress and worked up a sweat!!
    Good luck!
  • friendlymush
    friendlymush Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm about to start week 3. Definitely agree with you on the jackknives. They kill my tailbone! If I can't do a certain exercise (only a couple), I'll substitute it with an exercise that works the same muscle groups and do it for twice as many reps. Some days I absolutely can't finish the commandos during circuit training, but I still finish the leftover reps later that day.

Frida, I just use a regular wooden chair in place of the weight bench. Seems to be working fine so far :)
  • shinisize
    shinisize Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm on my second round. I had a huge (positive) change in my hip and low back posture happen between weeks six and eight, at which point a lot of exercises got easier and none of the floor stuff made my sacrum/tail bone hurt anymore. I really attribute it to my core getting stronger and everything going back to 'pre-baby' thanks to that (my kid is two, so it was definitely the exercise and not just my body adjusting to not being pregnant anymore). I don't get any low back/hip pain anymore either, which was something I had been having a lot of trouble with since having my baby. I did have to regress a lot of moves at first, and I usually go for reps instead of the time because I have my toddler underfoot and it means that I can really focus on good form.
  • lia_1992
    lia_1992 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Did you guys start with the pre-workout?
  • shirani_b1
    shirani_b1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey, just starting week two- the nutrition part is so easy but the excersices are kicking my *kitten*. Just do as much as you can- it'll get easier.. (I hope).
  • Mollydolly10
    Mollydolly10 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I'm hoping to start this soon as well. I still need to get a medicine ball and maybe dumbbells (I have 6 lbs right now, not sure if I'll want them heavier). I suppose I cooould do this at the gym, but from what I've heard, it is so hard and I'm going to be exhausted afterwards, so I'd rather do that in the comfort of my own home :-)
  • lia_1992
    lia_1992 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I just want to know whether anyone started with the pre training or went straight into the 12 weeks program
  • leviathas
    leviathas Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I just did week 1 day 1 today. Intense! Felt great tho. Good luck!
  • shinisize
    shinisize Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    @lia_1992 The pre training is really just slightly easier versions of the workouts. If doing fifteen squats straight through is hard (or ten push ups, whatever), then it will help keep the intensity down to a more manageable level for a few extra weeks before ramping up. If you check out the Instagram community for BBG you will find a lot more people with really great answers specifically for BBG.
  • abb117
    abb117 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hey girls, I just finished the guide for the second time. I didn't do pretraining but I know people who did and loved it. If anyone has questions let me know! I'm starting the second guide tomorrow and I have loved every second of the past 24 weeks