Lost 155 lbs, now I get super tipsy super fast!

Options
As the title says I've lost 155 pounds, but now whenever I have one single drink I get so tipsy! Like slurring my speech and wobbling around tipsy. It's kinda embarrassing! When I was heavier I wouldn't feel a single thing until at least 3 drinks. Is this a common thing or does anyone else feel like this when they drink? Does anyone know why it's so intense so quickly? Also good to point out that I don't drink at all anymore. My college binge drinking days are over lol

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Lightweight! Heehee think how much money you save. I'm not over the science, but I think I recall reading that it's something to do with alcohol being stored in fat cells, so less fat = more alcohol with nowhere to go but the blood stream.

I could be making that up, though.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    If you go a long time without drinking, it doesn't take much at all. Also, I don't know if you're still losing, but a caloric deficit seems to make you get drunk more quickly too.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    Lightweight! Heehee think how much money you save. I'm not over the science, but I think I recall reading that it's something to do with alcohol being stored in fat cells, so less fat = more alcohol with nowhere to go but the blood stream.

I could be making that up, though.

Interesting. I'll have to google for a scientific explanation someday.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    oh, and congrats on the loss!
  • br3adman
    br3adman Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Drink the drink slower. You must drink it quite fast for that to occur. Maybe make a drink with 1 or 1.5 ounces of booze and add more fresh juices.
  • LosingLaurensWay
    LosingLaurensWay Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Yeah I guess I'm just not used to pacing myself lol two years ago I could out drink everyone!
  • pariskathryn
    pariskathryn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who started powerlifting and got really big and bulky-- he had 2 beers one night when we were hanging out and got black-out insane drunk. He is typically very mild mannered and shy, but that night he ran down the middle of the street ripping his shirt off before passing out on my tile floor.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    It has nothing to do with your size, it is because you have lowered your tolerance to alcohol by abstaining. Sip it slower and add in a sugar free mixer.

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    br3adman wrote: »
    Drink the drink slower. You must drink it quite fast for that to occur. Maybe make a drink with 1 or 1.5 ounces of booze and add more fresh juices.

Fresh juices would add a lot more calories though. I'd rather use a sugar free mixer and eat an ice cream for those calories lol
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who started powerlifting and got really big and bulky-- he had 2 beers one night when we were hanging out and got black-out insane drunk. He is typically very mild mannered and shy, but that night he ran down the middle of the street ripping his shirt off before passing out on my tile floor.

I don't think it was your intention... But this made me laugh-HARD
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Probably a combo of the weight loss (which, btw, congrats!!) and abstaining from alcohol, but probably at least 80% due to abstaining. I've found myself in the same boat... now 1-2 drinks are all I need for a good night. Anything more means at least a mild hangover the next day. No thank you!
  • TheLittleGingerDoesWeightLoss
    Options
    More bang for your buck! Drinking is now cheaper!

Congratulations on the weight loss! That is so fantastic.