Skin breaking out??

Hi, my skin is breaking out all over my face and i usually get the odd spots in the same regular places but since my diet has changed dramatically to mostly fresh foods vegetables and fruit in the last month my skin is becoming really bad and i thought eating healthy i should have good skin? ive also stopped eating meats just fish for the last few months .

Was just wondering if anyone else is or has experienced this or if its completely different reason??

tanya
:smile:

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Never happened to me.

Don't pay for pills or creams that promise to fix it, though...unless they come from a dermatologist.
  • bclarke1990
    bclarke1990 Posts: 287 Member
    Are you exercising more in addition to your healthy eating? Sweating can open up your pores which can cause breakouts. As you drink more water and eat more vitamins hopefully it should get better :)
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Sweating more would do it.

Also, just to ask, are you on any weight loss supplements such as Hydroxycut? Those can cause havoc as well.
  • itschunkkk
    itschunkkk Posts: 7 Member
    Are you exercising more in addition to your healthy eating? Sweating can open up your pores which can cause breakouts. As you drink more water and eat more vitamins hopefully it should get better :)

hi yes but i always shower after and wash my face lol and im hoping so :'(
  • itschunkkk
    Sweating more would do it.

Also, just to ask, are you on any weight loss supplements such as Hydroxycut? Those can cause havoc as well.

does it go away? and no im not
  • ManiacalLaugh
    If you gently scrub with warm water (possibly soap if you have exceptionally oily skin) after you work out, it should get better.

I've learned that scrubbing too hard, using harsh soaps and hydrogen peroxide was actually contributing to my problems.
  • itschunkkk
    If you gently scrub with warm water (possibly soap if you have exceptionally oily skin) after you work out, it should get better.

I've learned that scrubbing too hard, using harsh soaps and hydrogen peroxide was actually contributing to my problems.

ive recently started using ST.Ives apricot scrub and it makes my face really soft from exfoliating so that could be why?
  • ManiacalLaugh
    itschunkkk wrote: »

ive recently started using ST.Ives apricot scrub and it makes my face really soft from exfoliating so that could be why?

You know, as a teenager I loved the stuff (smelled so good). As an adult, I don't use it anymore; it was one of the items I was using when I recieved that advice, so I finished the bottle and then chucked it.

You might try reducing usage to once a week or so. I was using it every day, so that was probably not great.
  • skeo
    skeo Posts: 471 Member
    I used that same scrub once a few years back, as soon as I did, my skin started to break out, so yeah, I chucked that thing. It may be your new skin care product?
  • itschunkkk
    yea think it says best to use about 4 times i week, i use it everyday aswel lol ill stop using it as much im breaking out mainly on my chin and my cheek now hoping im not getting adult acne
  • itschunkkk
    skeo wrote: »
    I used that same scrub once a few years back, as soon as I did, my skin started to break out, so yeah, I chucked that thing. It may be your new skin care product?
    aww crap ill cut down on it and just use it on my tzone from now on see what happens
  • FitMomOK
    FitMomOK Posts: 66 Member
    i find my skin does better on low carb. when i limit processed sugars and orher grain even if eating some fruit it is better. also, dairy. i found through trial & error dairy causes breakouts for me. i cut it out mostly but sure enough after ice cream one night or butter or sourcream, i breakout. try eliminating dairy for 2 weeks just to see. then you'll know. if not, hooray!
  • kiariv
    kiariv Posts: 25 Member
    You have changed to eating cleaner and sometimes this happens as the toxins begin to come out of your body. Make sure you wash your face twice a day with pure clean water and use some tea tree oil as well. Remember what we put on the outside of our bodies is just as important as what we put in.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Your face doesn't like that apricot scrub, i don't think your breakouts are diet related at all. Stop using the scrub entirely for a week or two and see what happens.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    I would say, think of it this way. You're cleaning your face with tiny grains of sand (whatever the exfoliant in your scrub happens to be). They are in turn clogging your pores. Happened to pretty much everyone in my family with the same product.
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    I've talked to nurses/dieticians before who have said diet isn't related to your skin...like the old wives tale that eating chocolate will make you break out. Not a thing...unless you end up with a rash or something (as opposed to pimples) because of an allergy. I used to have skin problems when I was a teenager...as many do, but I haven't had a problem since then. I've gone through all kinds of diet stages...from super healthy to my current usual daily diet of ice cream, chocolate and jelly beans....my skin has been fine regardless
  • itschunkkk
    thanx everyone!! scrapping the apricot scrub :smile: hopefully clears up thankyou
  • BitterSweetWinter
    BitterSweetWinter Posts: 22 Member
    Ha! St.ives did the same thing to my face!
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    If you're gonna use anything that exfoliates, limit that to 1-2 times per week for your face. The skin there is very sensitive! Anything with scrubbing microbeads or similar should only be used 1-2 times a week.

You might want to give the Aveeno products a try - I found that the face wash/scrub was gentle enough on my skin. I'm now using all Lush products and end up washing my face once per day usually. I can even get away with skipping a day and I still don't feel horrifically gross. It's great!

~Lyssa
  • cpp_happy
    cpp_happy Posts: 60 Member
    My skin broke out pretty bad when I changed the way I was eating also. Took several months to clear up... But now my skin is beautiful. I get complements on it and I always think to myself "my skin was so bad once I never thought I'd hear that". I don't believe that what we eat doesn't impact our skin. Conventional medicine is so behind, but we are starting to recognize what a difference what we eat makes on our bodies. And to the contributor who stated they have talked to nurses and dietitians, I am a RN... And there are opinions on both sides amongst my RN and dietitian coworkers. Anyway.... Don't give up, your skin should clear and you will feel amazing when it does :)