Exersice routines anyone?? :)

Options
zulega
zulega Posts: 5 Member
edited July 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi. I have about 3 months now dieting and have been exercising. I really want to up my game. I want some help with some exercise routines. I really want to push myself and get 3 hours a day of exercise. Does anyone have an idea or have a routine that will help me???
Please help. Thank you.

Replies

• Preocanin
    Preocanin Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    @zulega

What do you want to achieve?
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    What are your goals?

What equipment/facilities do you have access to?
  • aimeemmd
    aimeemmd Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    At home or at the gym?
  • zulega
    Options
    Hi. Thanks for your replies. I really want to achieve lifetime weight loss. My Goals are to loose 3-5 lbs a week and gain strength. I do use the gym, park, and home. Any routines for 6 day week work out would help. Thanks
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    zulega wrote: »
    Hi. Thanks for your replies. I really want to achieve lifetime weight loss. My Goals are to loose 3-5 lbs a week and gain strength. I do use the gym, park, and home. Any routines for 6 day week work out would help. Thanks

3-5lbs a week?! How much do you weigh?

• judykat7
    judykat7 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Lofty goals. You have lots of time and access, it should not be hard to mix it up. If you ran an hour 3 days a week with 2 hours of bike riding and the other three days did strength training with walking. You could substitute swimming for some of the cardio work and workout dvds for the running/biking some.
  • zulega
    Options
    Judy, thanks that does give a base routine i can get started it with. Lately I've done the same thing I fear I'm getting burned out with the same muscles sore everyday. Let me know if I can anyone as friends? I currently weight 245lbs, I should be weighting 127-141, my ideal weight is 160 or less. I guess I'm being too hard on myself trying to loose 3-5 lbs a week. I just started watching the new episodes of Extreme Weight Loss and old episodes of The Biggest Loser. I'm just so amazed of how the contestants loose weight so rapidly and their transformation!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Why 3 hours a day?
  • Justthisgirl1994
    Justthisgirl1994 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I don't think you should run 3 hrs/wk. Since you weigh so much it'll be extra hard on your knees. If I were you, I'd get my weight down by about 60 lbs before doing anything high impact i.e running. You could go for a walk for a hour instead, increasing your speed as you get more comfortable with the pace.
    Since you like the biggest loser, you'd probably like a group environment with an instructor motivating you to keep going. Most gyms have different types, for various fitness levels, so try them out!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    zulega wrote: »
    I just started watching the new episodes of Extreme Weight Loss and old episodes of The Biggest Loser. I'm just so amazed of how the contestants loose weight so rapidly and their transformation!

Do some more research into how those contestants are treated...pretty appallingly and almost all of them regain weight after the shows finish.

• Justthisgirl1994
    Justthisgirl1994 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    & you can probably get away with losing 3 lbs a week, since you have quite a bit to lose. Don't expect results like on the shows though and don't aim for them, the ppl on there are monitored by doctors etc.
  • plaffo786
    plaffo786 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    3 hrs is a huge commitment and you will set yourself up for failure and that's what gets us all, try slowly increasing your time rather than jumping straight in your body will strengthen as you go, over doing it can lead to injury and worse case scenario you could do more harm than good, I commend your commitment but don't overload yourself
  • SquatNSparkle
    SquatNSparkle Posts: 477 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    At first you can lose quickly, but it should slow down IF you want to keep your muscle mass (you do) and sustain your loss (you do, right?). Losing muscle is inevitable but you want to keep as much as possible since muscle metabolizes calories. Fat does nothing for you. Your goal is to lose a high proportion of fat.

Also, IMHO if you push yourself that hard, you will almost certainly injure yourself and theoretically shoot yourself in the foot. Please research weight lifting, and balance cardio with lifting. I have learned the hard way, and I lift much more than I do cardio. I can tell you I have been a yoyo dieter since I was 14 YEARS OLD, and never again will I go back.

Also, find a BMR/calorie calculator such as IIYFM or fitness frog.com and use it to set your calories, 1200 IS TOO LOW. Not sure what you set at, but that seems to be the default calories set by MFP for women, and you may lose fast at first but again, it's not enough and your body WILL get what it needs from your muscles, which again in the end is counterproductive.

I apologize if I sound bossy and like a know-it-all, but please read this from the perspective of a 40's something woman who has lost weight and regained it multiple times. Now I am sooo happy b/c what I am doing is WORKING. Just wanted to share with you. Take from my advice and experience what you want...or leave it....

And oh yes, I do the following:
    2 days cardio (50-60 min)
    1 day hot yoga (good for flexibility)
    3 days of lifting (strong lifts 2 days and I just started 1 day of kettlebells)

Sometimes I take 2 rest days and only do 1 day of cardio. If I do that I add HIIT training to the end of a lifting session.

Good luck!!

• Kexessa
    Kexessa Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    You could try rollerblading. It's very low impact and better than running in regard to impact on joints. When you skate you have to keep your knees bent, so the whole time you are on blades you are doing a continuous half squat. You'd be amazed what blading does for your legs and butt. And, it's great fun!
  • matuskap
    matuskap Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    If you are willing to take the time and go through my workout, you can check them on Fitocracy.com - username: matuskap. I log every workout for 2 years i think. Maybe it will help you.
  • zulega
    Options
    oh my I did went to fitocracy.com and I just have to look up all the exercises because I'm not sure what they are exactly. I haven't been able to do # hrs a day only 1-2hrs. Matuskap you look really fit!. FitnFiesty044 really do appreciate your advice and the routine!!!
  • zulega
    Options
    Also, Skinny, I just watched Season 13 of Biggest Looser up to episode 4 and I had to skip to the finale. You are sooo right the trainers are sooo mean! I couldn't believe it how much they've changed. Season 15 and 16 are just so heart warming and motivation, and Season 14 they are complete jerks!