In need of encouragement

Options
HH42211
HH42211 Posts: 3 Member
I'm a 37 year old mom of 4 and wife. I work 3rd shift full time and go to school full time during the day. I have always struggled with weight. I lost nearly 70 lbs 2 years ago and when I started school I gained about half back. I started about 2 months ago watching what I eat and now have jumped on yhe band wagon with a low carb eating style. My husband and I are doing this together. He works 2nd shift and we are on totally opposite schedules. We have both lost about 25 lbs. Of course he started after me! Looking for some friends to follow and follow me and keep me grounded! I graduate as an LPN in a month and woukd like to look nice. Then I start the RN program 2 weeks after. My ultimate goal would be to lose 60 more lbs.... but realistically in a month I would just love to be under 200! Thanks for any support

Replies

• Dex37
    Dex37 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Some of those programs are very rigorous. With a husband and 4 kids, you will be lucky to get through the RN program without a divorce let alone not gaining more weight. I would just focus on school and your family and try to eat as healthy as possible.
  • DragonTears78
    DragonTears78 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Wow, pretty sure she came here for encouragement and support, not negativity and discouraging words. OP, if you would like, you can send me a friend request :) I do my best to be encouraging to all of my friends. I too have had a hard time losing weight for the past 12 years but now am on a path where I have already lost 37 in just over 2 months.
  • Raevynne
    Raevynne Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! I'm on week 2 myself but this is my second round on MFP. I lost 20lbs the first time but when the Holiday Season hit, it hit hard. Please add me!
  • HH42211
    HH42211 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks yall! And I know that school will be a struggle but my husband is awesome and we have God in our marriage so I have no doubt He will keep us strong....thanks