Getting discouraged, can't seem to shift this weight!

Options
Could use some helpful advice. I am trying to loose 30lbs. I go to the gym 3-5 days a week, a mixture of cardio and weights. I have limited my calorie intake to 1400 per day. I'm 44 years old, 5ft 7 and currently weigh 186lbs. For four weeks now I haven't lost a single pound. I lost 10lbs within the first two weeks. Now nothing! Not sure what I'm doing wrong?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated
Thanks!

Replies

• Perfect_Imperfection91
    Options
    Your doing everything right, first ten pound is usually excess water weight. Now is the hardest part which is losing body weight, it'll take time and patience but keep doing what your doing and don't feel discourage. Instead of checking the scale, see how your clothes fit, how you feel during your exercise, your body will improve on those things.
  • mom216
    mom216 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I was told that every 10 lbs lost - to go back and re-do my calories etc. the site scoobysworkshop.com has some good info and weight loss calculators. Hang in there.... it gets better. Seven years ago I went from 155-160 to 118lbs. Over time the weight has crept back up, now it is painfully slow coming off. What helps me the most is tracking my food/exercise. :)
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    Not enough water, eating too little or too much. Gaining some muscle
  • hrc9441
    hrc9441 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Depending on your workouts you could be turning fat to muscle which makes it look like you're not losing, head up and stay strong...start measuring instead of just weighing yourself :)