Running

Options
Hi! How many times per week do you run? On non-run days, what do you do for activity?

Replies

• monzy6
    monzy6 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I run twice a week and if I don't run I do gym classes such as body attack and body step
  • momma2ZKL
    momma2ZKL Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I run 3 days per week and do Zumba, walk or use the elliptical on the other days.
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    I run 5x/week. One day is a rest day with usually some easy walking. Sometimes it turns into a real couch day, though! The other day I'll cross-train: swim, bike, elliptical.
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    It depends - my goal is 15 miles a week so that could be anywhere from 2-4 days. On other days, I mostly walk but also mix in rowing, elliptical, and swimming depending on how I feel.
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I'm back to marathon training, so I'm running 6 days a week. I always mean to bike as easy cross-training on my day off, but 99% of the time I take a nap and watch Netflix instead.
  • ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I've been running around 6 days per week for awhile now.
  • pianoplaya94
    pianoplaya94 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I run outside (about 5k) like 3 times a week I'd say. But it varies. When I don't run, I go to the gym and run on the treadmill and also use the inclined elliptical. Sometimes I will use the bikes and rowing machines too. While at the gym, I also do strength excercises.
  • donjshaw45
    donjshaw45 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    6 times a week for me, unless I go hillwalking on one of those days. Complete rest on my day off!
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I've been running for 2 months now and I'm up to 4 or 5 days per week, 20 to 24 miles per week. I'm slowly working up to 30 to 35 miles per week for a half marathon on Halloween.

I do some walking on my off days and am trying to get into the habit of working on my core as well.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Last week I ran every day (trails) and covered 86 km (53 miles). This week I'll run 5 days and depending on how I feel tomorrow will cover between 50 and 65km. I don't have a fixed goal in mind - I run for fun and mostly run trails and mountains with lots of elevation, but a half (or a half marathon in the mountains) is almost certainly in my future. Maybe a full. Or maybe an ultra... I really, really, like trail running.

When I started last September I was running 2 or 3 times a week and had a long period of base building to do and aerobic capacity to build up. Avoiding injury then and now remains a key priority for me. I think it took me four months to cover 250km; now I run 200 - 250km every month.

But you don't need to run a ton to get great benefit from it nor do you have to run particularly fast. In fact most runs shouldn't be anywhere near fast.

Off days I cycle, walk (almost always), and try to remember to do some body weight strength work, or take it easy.
  • Jacqui_Runs
    Jacqui_Runs Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I try to run 3-4 times a week. I consider myself a beginner, so I'm not particularly fast and I don't do more than 2 miles normally, cuz my body isn't there endurance wise yet. On off days, I walk and/or do yoga.
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    I run up to 16 times a week but people think I am insane.
  • lolagranola1
    lolagranola1 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for all the responses. I have been walk/running about 3x, sometimes only 2x per week and walking 2x per week. But i feel extremely sore. I wasn't sure what i should be doing. I think I'm not eating enough protein and definitely not stretching enough after. All i do for warm up and cool downs is walking.

• RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Hmm... 16 times a week of running is a lot. I only run 9 or 10 times a week. I also walk a lot and go to a couple of yoga classes.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    scottb81 wrote: »

@scottb81 The question is do they think you are insane before they discover you run?
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    mwyvr wrote: »
    scottb81 wrote: »

@scottb81 The question is do they think you are insane before they discover you run?
    Now that you mention it, yes they do! :-)
  • radiosilents
    radiosilents Posts: 223 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I generally run four times a week, and I play tennis with my partner 3-5 times a week, ride my bike a bit, and take walks here and there, incorporate yoga when I can... I've become pretty darned active! :) I LOVE running.
  • NJCJF
    NJCJF Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I run 3 times a week.On my non-run days I do circuit training or strength training. I take one day off a week
  • cyronius
    cyronius Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I run in the morning every second day (with the odd 2 day gap when something comes up). I do weights in the evening every second day as well (again with the odd 2 day gap). I don't try and keep them synced with each other, so sometimes they're on the same day, sometimes they're on different days.
  • jenlovesspinning
    jenlovesspinning Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I run 2-4 days per week depending on what training for... Right now a half marathon! I also do indoor cycling, kickboxing, weight lifting/kettlebells and rowing. I try to offset what I'm doing different days so I'm not using all the same muscles too.