Hi Guys and Gals!

Options
I'm new to MyFitness Pal and looking to GAIN weight as I have Cystic Fibrosis (CF) and just underwent a double-lung transplant on January 13, 2015. Prior to that, I was in the hospital for two and a half months, pretty sick, stuck on a ventilator in MICU and my weight dropped back down into the 80s. Now, six months post-transplant I'm up to 106 - the highest I've ever been (and doing amazingly well with the lungs)! However, for my height I should be around 115-118. Also, I have CF-Related Diabetes (CFRD) and want to gain tighter control of my blood sugars. I've always been used to being able to - and encouraged to - eat whatever I wanted but I want to maintain good lung function (which is already back up to 100%!!!) by eating healthier but still gain weight.

I hope you all are finding successes in whatever your story may be and with the help of "Your"Fitness Pal :)

Replies

• Dianawalking
    Dianawalking Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am new to MyFitness Pal also. I noticed that you just posted this message 8 minutes ago. I believe that Jesus answers prayers and I am saying a prayer right now for the Lord Jesus to completely heal you. I have heard of so many miracles in the past 32 years, since I asked Jesus to come into my heart. The best thing that I have ever done is ask Jesus to come into my heart. The second best thing I have done in my life is read the entire New Testament of the Bible. God bless you. :)
  • Lokozhon
    Lokozhon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good job and keep it up you can do it ;)
  • miggy1971
    miggy1971 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi.