looking pals that want to down 2 pounds per week!!!

Options
pipo0984
pipo0984 Posts: 309 Member
edited July 2015 in Introduce Yourself
;)

Replies

• sandels7
    sandels7 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Yup... That's me... 2 lbs per week is my goal
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I found 2lbs per week not sustainable because I lift now. I have plenty of weight to lose and could conceivably have a goal that extreme, but I find it easier to maintain around 1-1.5lbs per week for the time being. Anyone can still feel free to add me, though.
  • Danixkm
    Danixkm Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My goal is 1.5 to 2 if that counts
  • RachelJohnson130
    RachelJohnson130 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 2 lbs a week, (overall goal is to lose 50 lbs) I would love to have some mfp friends to help keep each other in check!
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hey Gang, I'm not here to burst any bubbles, but I've been there. When I first joined MFP I had ~10 vanity lbs to lose and was like 'Heck yeah let's do this!', set my goals to -2 lbs a week and figured I'd be there in a month or so. So MFP told me to eat 1200 calories a day (sound familiar?) and I did. I lost weight (still NOT 2 lbs a week, but some) but I was generally miserable. Hungry and tired... And not fit. I made it about 2 months before I stopped counting calories.

The second time I came back to MFP I started spending more time on the forums and things started to make more sense. So I just want to toss out a few good articles to peruse:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/819055/setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets/p1

I just posted on a different thread that this is one of the things I wished I had known when I first started: That my initial goals were not reasonable or sustainable based on what I had/wanted to lose. And I made me pretty happy when I realized I could eat a lot more than I thought and still lose weight.
  • kathy9083
    kathy9083 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you, wanting to lose 2lbs a week.
  • hippytee
    hippytee Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Yes
  • sgallimore1
    sgallimore1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    New to MFP and starting my weight loss journey! Down 4 lb... only 3 stone 10 lb to go :neutral: please feel free to add me, power in numbers as they say x
  • jenber91
    jenber91 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    2 lbs a week is my goal for as long as it lasts (I'm expecting it to slow down as I get closer to my goal)
  • zinaramos
    zinaramos Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Me. Add me.
  • susiederkins21
    susiederkins21 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I've been doing 2 pounds per week since the end of April, and I hope it lasts a while because I have a lot to lose. Anyone can add me if they like, I keep my food diary open.
  • zoesmom514
    zoesmom514 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Add me :)
  • mayday8193
    mayday8193 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Me!
  • Savanna2015mfp
    Savanna2015mfp Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Me too new to this
  • gilmarier
    gilmarier Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone! I am also new to mfp! I would love to have you in my account to keep track of each other's progress. I don't keep track of food as of yet and a few weeks ago started exercising again! :) feel free to add me!
  • sweatinfortheweddin
    sweatinfortheweddin Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I would like to as well! With 70+ pounds to lose, 2 lbs a week is manageable! Everyone feel free to add me!
  • jreams87
    jreams87 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That's my goal
  • loriangel663
    loriangel663 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Mine too I am on 1200 calories a day us one hour exercise x
  • adrianagraham3
    adrianagraham3 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is adriana I'm definitely shooting for two pounds a week