I'm officially in love with this website...

Options
To whoever runs this website: Bravo.

It is SO useful to my life and it makes this whole process soooo much easier!!

I found this website yesterday, before I was ever into counting calories or carbs or anything.

And today I filled out my first food and exercise things and i kept to it! I'm so happy. Thanks to whoever runs this website, it's amazing.:smile:

ok now question: any tips on how to not have late night cravings? I'm a night owl and I'm usually up until 3 or 4 in the morning, and it's difficult sometimes to not snack on something.

Replies

• veganhoneys
    veganhoneys Posts: 34
    Options
    Wait until you have a craving, then go brush your teeth and pour yourself a glass of water. That does it for me anyway! Welcome and good luck!
  • Higglyjiggly64
    Options
    Hi!!! I'm a big fan of this website too. Regarding late night snacks....have them! But be smart. I work afternoons. I get home at 1 am and seem to allways be starving! In my diary, I've posted it as my "AM snack". I try to keep it healthy and around 100 calories. Sometimes I go over (by alot, yikes!!) I balance it out with my breakfast and lunch and exercise. Sometimes I have such a nice filling snack, that I only have coffee for breakfast and then lunch before I head off to work. My weight loss has averaged 1-2 pounds per week which is my goal, so I don't think my late night/early morning snacks have hurt me too much. Good luck!
  • Nike1176
    Nike1176 Posts: 4
    Options
    I signed up for this site, several months ago, used it once and didnt think it was that great..UNTIL.. i signed up again a week ago, and I noticed that I am focused on my targets and am thinking about what i eat and how much i exercise, I agree with you 100%. I really like this site.
  • daddeeo
    daddeeo Posts: 33
    Options
    Hello. Glad you found this site. A glass of water or something that is high in fiber works for me. You know what you have as far a calories wise, so just plan for that time when you know you will be up. Within a couple of days, you will figure out that you can eat less here and leave yourself enough "wiggle" room for the times you need it. You will do great! Good luck!
  • RebeccaIngham
    RebeccaIngham Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    If you are up that late, you can still eat until around 3 hours before you go to bed. And, make later meals more protein based instead of carb based. Keeps you full longer & helps keep you from wanting to eat. Also, drink more water; dehydration often times masks itself as hunger, so when we think we are hungry, sometimes we are just actually thirsty!
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    welcome to the site :)
    i know its sooo wonderful!!! :D

you can add me if you like :)

im a great person to get up lifted. as in.....
    put quotes. and what not.
  • mrrodriguez
    mrrodriguez Posts: 158
    Options
    I agree, this is a wonderful website. I have trouble with late night snacks. Before I signed up for this site I would crave cookies in the evenings. After seeing how many calories were in those I found grapes work just as well to satisfy my cravings, and I don't blow the whole day of work by splurging at night.

I will have to try the teeh brushing and glass of water method to cut my cravings sometime.
  • BarnDogBob
    BarnDogBob Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Definitely a much needed wake up call for me. Love the site and the people.
  • TrishCastle
    TrishCastle Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm officially in love with this website too. It has revolutionised the way I think about eating, and has effortlessly solved my eating addiction. I used to grab a little snack every time I passed the pantry - couple of marshmallows, a stick of licorice, a cracker - whatever. Couldn't make a difference could it? Wow! Now that I monitor what I eat through MFP I am STUNNED to see what sort of difference it HAS been making. I don't do that any more. It's only been a couple of weeks, but I can't see me going back to my old ways - old ways that have led me to balloon out to 20kilos heavier than I should be.
    One little hint I have that has helped me - I make sure that I formally prepare every meal and snack that I have. I have a selection of little white bowls and plates, and whatever I eat goes on them and then onto a tray and I go sit somewhere comfortable to eat and drink (water). It makes it easier to control and monitor what you eat, and also makes the experience more visually satisfying. And because it's always part of my food allocation I spend not ONE moment feeling bad about the fact that I'm eating.
    Good luck to everyone!
  • askme12
    askme12 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I agree, been using it for a couple months. It's awesome!!! Good luck!
  • AnaBackwards
    Options
    thank you everyone for your replies! You're all so supportive and adorable!! :)

good luck to all of you as well! :heart: