Changing Schedule Setting for Graveyarders?

Options
applesnot
applesnot Posts: 2 Member
Howdy everyone.

I am on day three with MFP and am totally in love. There is one thing I am curious about though. I work nights so, obviously, I sleep in the daytime. It is messing me all up since MFP changes days at midnight. Can I tweak that to suit my lifestyle?

Thanks!

Replies

• R1rainbows
    R1rainbows Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I think you should be fine to just log as normal?? When does your "morning"begin? You'll be on a rotation so it might make counting a little confusing at first I think, like if you eat breakfast at 7pm on day 1 it's just gonna think you under ate that day, after that it should all roll together... I think :) sorry I'm trying to help but I'm just unsure lol :)
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    I work three 12 hour shifts a week, and it was a pain in the *kitten* trying to log! I finally started logging midnight to midnight. I don't have a brkfst, lunch or dinner spot, just one midnight to midnight. There are a lot of people that actually monitor their calorie intake for the week, increasing and decreasing daily to fit things in and they are all losing weight. Hope you find something that works :)
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    You can always click to change to the previous day to finish filling things out. This way you can just log everything either beforehand or when you get home. Any changes [such as not finishing part of your meal] can be made. I used to work overnights, but I was in no way dieting [anti-diet, I swear to you], so I can't help too much.
  • applesnot
    applesnot Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses. Each of you actually helped me figure this out. While I can't change it, I can get used to it and edit my days. I hadn't realized that. Great. Thank you three so much!
  • Saber144
    Saber144 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I also work midnights. I dont adjust anything. When I get off in the morning I will log my breakfast. When I get up I eat lunch and before my shift for the night I eat dinner. I'm good not eating and just drinking water while I'm at work. Pretty easy for me and when I'm on my days off things are pretty normal.
  • Marg672
    Marg672 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I work nights too. I just go from awake time to sleep time I will go back to add it to the previous day as it is not officially the next day until after I wake up (I do adjust if I stay up for 24+ hours) My days off that are "normal" I just log as a "normal person"
  • deceived1
    deceived1 Posts: 281 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    You can try adjusting your time zone to a zone that would alter your MFP "day" to what your work schedule is like?

Settings > Change Time Zone. Figure out which time zone would work.