work and food

ugwux004
ugwux004 Posts: 47 Member
I wanna know if it's okay to eat at night, since I work all night and an basically on my feet and moving till morning? What is I get hungry?

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Yes, eat at night.
    Instead of trying to work some idea of what you are supposed to do, make a plan that works for you. The more aware you are of your own needs and how you can accommodate them, the happier and more successful you will be. :)
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    It doesn't matter what time you eat.

For weight loss, all that matters is that you eat less calories than you burn.

Good luck with your weight loss!
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    As long as you stay within your calories, you can eat whenever you wish. The issue many people have with night time eating is that they will eat too much, often because they are tired or bored. If that's not the case for you, great! If it is, be aware of that and just make sure you keep tracking.

~Lyssa
  • ugwux004
    ugwux004 Posts: 47 Member
    Thanks guys
  • Faithful_Chosen
    Faithful_Chosen Posts: 401 Member
    It's probably handy to decide when you want to log it so you can keep track of your calorie goal (everything before sleep goes onto day one, everything after midnight goes onto day two, etc.) and do it consistently. Other than that, it really doesn't matter when you eat as long as your calories out are higher than your calories in. All that 'don't eat after [time]' is to keep you from binging. If you eat within your calorie goal, you are all set :smile:
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    edited July 2015
    I used to work overnights. It is quite hard to judge when you need to eat for meal times. Remember to set times for yourself for your type of day; what time should be 'breakfast', what time should be 'lunch', and what time should be 'dinner'. It helps keep you from grazing on everything throughout the day when you have the established times ready.

But as they all said, eating at night specifically has no real problem. All CICO.
  • vanillarose77
    vanillarose77 Posts: 159 Member
    i currently work 3rd shift at a prison ...i have to get up every 15 mins to check on the boys...i'm in the process of going through steps to get weight loss surgery and my doctor has me on a structured eating sleeping habit ... isince we work nights which is not what a normal body is use to i eat breakfast and lunch at work and when i get home i have "dinner" and then stay up for a few hours and then try to get a full 6-8 hours of sleep..usually for those few hours i'm up in the morning i'm doing exercises....usually they say it's not good to eat at night but if your up and working and on your feet you need to eat
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    It makes no sense that the number on the clock deterimines when you are allowed to eat. If you take nightshifts, your day is what others call nights. Eat when you are awake. Don't eat when you are asleep.