Almost 100 pound weight loss in 9 months.

Options
lulurose410
lulurose410 Posts: 14 Member
Hello Everyone! I started my weight loss journey in October of 2014. My starting weight was 337 pounds and I am currently at 247! Starting out I had the mind set that I was going to be big forever and nothing I did was going to change my size.. I was wrong, all in one day I turned my eating habits around and started going to the gym. I had tried this many times and had failed because I never stuck with it. This time I stuck with it and it has become a lifestyle change. I guess I am writing this in hopes to help others that might feel the same way I did when I first started. If you have any questions or just need someone to talk someone, I am totally willing to help! I am not done with my journey, but I like helping people get through their struggles.

Replies

• LilannB
    LilannB Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success. One hundred pounds lost in 9 months is impressive.
  • Livgetfit
    Livgetfit Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS! Also, you are beautiful x
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    What an achievement. You have done so well!!! :mrgreen:
  • jules6669mfp
    jules6669mfp Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Great job. Congratulations!!!
  • shaisom255611
    shaisom255611 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What did you do to loose it ? Im currently 247
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you. That's fantastic!
  • mlynnhamil
    mlynnhamil Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! I've sent a friend request to everyone in this thread because you are all so positive!
  • lulurose410
    Options
    What did you do to loose it ? Im currently 247

Pretty much just count all the calories I eat. And i eat smaller portions (keeping in mind that my stomach is only the size of my fist) and i go to the gym, 3 days on 1 day off.
  • lulurose410
    Options
    Thank you all!
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Thankyougor sharing it's given me si much hope for my self. Ineed to lose abot 100lbs I'm down about 29lbs it's been 2.5 months nearly. I hope I can last and in 9monthe if I get similar results to you I would be celebrating. Well done to you, just amazing!!!
  • KaseyDH83
    KaseyDH83 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful! Thank you for sharing your inspiring story!
  • LoriA115
    LoriA115 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Inspiring!! Great job!
  • meddaugh48
    meddaugh48 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Great job! Congratulations on all the hard work.
  • alohakaybee
    alohakaybee Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational. Congratulations on such an accomplishment.
  • Spiritfoxx96
    Spiritfoxx96 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Congrats! (:
  • sbranch38
    sbranch38 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Congrats... I'm just now starting my journey.. I'm over 300lbs and this just gave me hope!
  • DrivingMissKady
    DrivingMissKady Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I started at 335 last August and lost around 30 pounds during marching band season last year and then managed to gain most of it back during the spring semester. I've now lost most of that back and my biggest goal is to get down to less than 200 eventually. Thanks for the hope!
  • steadyeddiegirl
    steadyeddiegirl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What made you click? I have been depressed and motivated so many times. But for years haven't been able to do much to get going....
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on making a lifestyle change be proud you're amazing!
  • cragglecat
    cragglecat Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    An amazing achievement, congratulations.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!