I can't seem to stay focused

Options
i am always losing weight and gaining it again. I need people to help me stay on track. Feel free to add me :)

Replies

• jessicorbin32
    jessicorbin32 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I hear ya!! I've tried all kinds of fad diets and will loose then gain everything back again..... I need to loose about 65 lbs and as a nurse I know the only way I can do that is lifestyle changes..... But I have no motivation.... Even if I cry so much I'm out of tears because I'm miserable with my weight....
  • LoreA1960
    LoreA1960 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I usually take it one day at a time, sometimes one minute at a time. Since I don't trust myself to eyeball things right I measure and weigh everything. If I buy any snacks I get the 100 calorie packs for portion control. I'm not saying I don't mess up, but doing it the way I'm doing it cuts down on the mess ups. It's frustrating for me to feel like I haven't lost enough weight, but as long as I'm going in the right direction. I hope you get the direction you're looking for. Best of luck to you. Feel free to add me if you'd like
  • Helpbrittgetfit1224
    Helpbrittgetfit1224 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    @jessicorbin32 I feel the same way!! I used to do weight watchers and one week I gained over 3 lbs... I went in the bathroom and cried
    @jasonschick01 I do that too. I eat 5-6 times a day and one of them is a desert which is 150 calories or under. And I get 2 snacks. (Usually a piece of fruit/veggie and a cheese stick each time) and that's 200 calories or less per snack. I like the skinny cow chocolate. 130 calories per pack so I know my limits
  • LoreA1960
    LoreA1960 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Since I'm a diabetic my snacks have to be 15 grams of carbs or less and less than 200 calories. I have at maximum of 2 snacks a day because I try to stick between 1200-1500 calories per day. I know that my MFP says more, but even my doctor and DE say I should eat around 1200. I can't exercise because I don't have cartilage in my knees and I can't afford to go to a pool right now for pool therapy.
  • Helpbrittgetfit1224
    Options
    I agree. Mine says I should eat 1,750 but I usually eat around 1,500 and I work full time at night so I'm still trying to find ways to exercise which is hard right now
  • jessicorbin32
    jessicorbin32 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yeah I had one of my breakdown tonight after husband and I got back from the lake.... The daughter of the woman my father in law just married back in February is absolutely gorgeous and is a freshman cheerleader in collage this year.... She made several remarks today about how fat she was and wished she could loose weight and every single time she made a comment she made eye contact with me.... Me I'm over here in a tankini that I have to wear a big t-shirt over as well... I really wanted to say something but held it back.... Now it's after 2 am here and I still can't sleep...
  • Helpbrittgetfit1224
    Options
    I completely understand. The worst this is when skinny girls call themselves fat. It makes bigger people feel worse. My friends did it and I'd stay silent and look down
  • DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I completely understand. The worst this is when skinny girls call themselves fat. It makes bigger people feel worse. My friends did it and I'd stay silent and look down

I'm a guy but I used to feel this way. Then I changed my attitude to "one day I will look like that and feel fat. On that day we can complain together :)"

But yeah, log everything in MFP and take it slow. Find changes that can help keep you under your calorie goal without causing you a lot of stress. If the changes you make are always making you feel frustrated you aren't gonna last long.
  • Helpbrittgetfit1224
    Options
    Thank you @DuckReconMajor
  • RickMcShane
    RickMcShane Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Eating right and not going to the gym is like trying to **** with your clothes on.

Portion control/healthy choices, all important and it looks like you are doing it right. You need to make time for exercise. I started waking up 1-1/2 hours early to go before work. God that sucked but after a few weeks, it's like coffee and your body will need and want to go.

Feel free to add me. Good luck.
  • Helpbrittgetfit1224
    Options
    I had issues with my bank so I had to cancel my gym until I pay my bank off. But I think I'll walk or jog for 30 mins before work and work my way up
  • 19juanita72
    19juanita72 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    Eating right and not going to the gym is like trying to **** with your clothes on.

Portion control/healthy choices, all important and it looks like you are doing it right. You need to make time for exercise. I started waking up 1-1/2 hours early to go before work. God that sucked but after a few weeks, it's like coffee and your body will need and want to go.

Feel free to add me. Good luck.

I sent you a friends request. I like the way you look at weight loss and exercise.
  • RickMcShane
    RickMcShane Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    @19juanita72 added.