C25K

Options
This might sound like a silly question, but what do you use to time yourself?
Obviously on a treadmill they have the clocks/timers, but what about if you're doing this outside?

Replies

• tannaleigh
    tannaleigh Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    They have applications for smart phones. I use it on android.
  • JayAlexander
    JayAlexander Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    regular old stop watch. maybe you have one already on your cell phone. I'm starting the program tomorrow! Good luck in your journey!!
  • hockeyman28
    hockeyman28 Posts: 136
    Options
    wrist watch, a digital rummimg one. they are cheapo at wamart, target etc.
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    I used the app on my android. If you don't have one, I believe there are podcasts designed around the program you can download onto your mp3 player.
  • jennro7781
    jennro7781 Posts: 208
    Options
    I use the stopwatch feature on my watch. I got my waterproof sports watch at Walmart for $7! :)
  • mamato3inca
    mamato3inca Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I use the C25K app for andriod. It beeps to tell you when to switch from running to walking. I know there are podcasts for Ipods also.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    I was walking my dog as my warnup before starting c25k today and was thinking the same thing. I have a treadmill at home, but the last time I trained on only a treadmill, I had a really tough time pacing myself in the actual race, so I want to do some of my running outside as I train this time around.

Anyway, I always take my cell phone w/ and I checked and mine has a Timer/Stopwatch in the tools, so I plan to use this when I run outside. Maybe your phone has one as well?
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Free podcasts called Podrunner Intervals. Google it and you can download them to whatever device you have.
  • Mamapengu
    Mamapengu Posts: 250
    Options
    Timex Ironman interval watch- you can set it to beep at repeating intervals (3min then 1min then 3min then....) I'm sure there are other models, too.
  • monoxidechick
    monoxidechick Posts: 339
    Options
    I use the app for the blackberry phone.
  • mamabear0222
    mamabear0222 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I will have to look into the different suggestions thanks!

I would think it would be distracting to keep looking @ your watch or a phone for the time and for the podcast, well I'd like to walk to my own music I think ..

I'm just beginning so I dont even have an MP3 player or anything yet. (and I dont own a fancy cell phone believe it or not!)

I've just been doing workout dvd's in my home for the past month or so and now that the nice weather is here I want to get outside!
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    I use a podcast on my mp3 player from nhs choices. I like the music and the host's voice is pleasing with her british accent (nhs.uk I believe). She tells me exactly when to start and when to stop and even gives me little tidbits along the way. I really like it. There are others out there with different people and different types of music.

I am currently on week 5 and will run day 3 tomorrow. I'm excited and nervous about my first 20 minute run.

Good luck with your program. :flowerforyou: