Stupid question, but can anyone relate?

Options
I want to ask if anyone else experiences bad dreams when they are losing weight?

I know it sounds stupid but whenever I limit my calories (working on 1200-1400 a day with regular & consistent exercise) I very regularly wake up in the night after having had quite a graphic nightmare....I am also massively hungry. I don't get up in the middle of the night and have anything to eat obviously but it's unpleasant and uncomfortable.

Can anyone relate?

Replies

• thetoughequus
    thetoughequus Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    not nightmares, but I definitely had some weird dreams that made me wake up going "what the f"
  • frumptofab
    frumptofab Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I had this sort of thing when I cut out caffeine and reduced my sugar intake (which I didn't think was that high) before using this app but not just when specifically trying to lose weight.
  • SuseAndo26
    SuseAndo26 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, it's weird. It always happens to me when I'm losing weight and limiting my cals quite a lot.
  • natboosh69
    natboosh69 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Not nightmares but I do have a lot of dreams about binging on fast food and chocolate and stuff ^^
  • Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I dream that I am stuffing my face, sometimes on food I don't even like. I am not all that hungry when I go to bed or when I wake up, but when I dream, since changing the way I eat, it is about food and losing control. It seems to happen less and less these days. Maybe my subconscious is calming the hell down and realizing that I am not going to go berserk when I am near the fridge after all. Trust me, subconscious.. I've got this.
  • SuseAndo26
    SuseAndo26 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    natboosh69 wrote: »
    Not nightmares but I do have a lot of dreams about binging on fast food and chocolate and stuff ^^

Soopatt wrote: »
    Yeah, I dream that I am stuffing my face, sometimes on food I don't even like. I am not all that hungry when I go to bed or when I wake up, but when I dream, since changing the way I eat, it is about food and losing control. It seems to happen less and less these days. Maybe my subconscious is calming the hell down and realizing that I am not going to go berserk when I am near the fridge after all. Trust me, subconscious.. I've got this.

Occasionally I do this too...and isn't it a relief when you wake up and realise it was just a dream and you haven't completely blown out your progress! :cold_sweat:
  • hooltwl1957
    hooltwl1957 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Enjoy those food dreams. They are calorie free.
  • amyr271
    amyr271 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I had a dream last night that I ate 5000 calories in one sitting and continued to eat all day and got stressed about it!
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    I've only heard of people having weird or bad dreams after eating a really heavy meal late at night. I would ask OP- are you eating enough? I am hungry from time to time but not "massively" hungry.

The only thing I can compare having these dreams to is that my husband, who was a smoker 30 years ago, will sometimes have a dream that he is smoking a cigarette. It's not that he craves them (he can't stand the smell of them now). But sometimes he dreams that he's smoking and in the dream he is SO mad at himself for smoking again. Then he wakes up mad at himself.