Losing weight in your 40's

Options
I have lost weight in the past, but managed to always gain it back and sometimes more than I lost. Any ideas how to keep it off for good?

Replies

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Treat is as alifestyle change rather than a diet, so you need to change habits permanently and have a maintenance plan so you dont go back to old ways. One way that will help is following a sustainable healthy weight loss plan now which helps you adjust and understand how much your body really needs and appreciate that you have been eating more thna you need.
  • 3audkids
    3audkids Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to change my lifestyle, I don't deny myself the foods that I love but eat them less often and a smaller portion. I found that this time around I have good friend I'm working out with and we encourage each other. I'm in my 40s and it is not as easy as it used to be.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    It's easier than it ever was ...I hate the excuse of its harder cos I'm older

Weigh and log
    Build in some progressive weight resistance work
    Move more

Realise that you are preserving your health for the next 40 years, cos the last 40 years went pretty fast didn't they! And you want the next to be as easy as possible