Small Town NC Girl

Options
Hi!

My name is Corinna! I'm 23 years old and it's only been the last few years that I've really struggled with my weight.

I was diagnosed with insulin resistance and hypothyroidism in November of 2010. Thus far, I've not done much about it because up until a month ago, I thought "What's the point?" It's exceedingly difficult for me to lose a pound; more difficult than it should be, according to my doctor. He said it wasn't entirely my fault but my failing health IS my fault and I want control over that again. I'm always the "I'll start next Monday" girl. And I do well for a few days before I give into whatever I want.

SO, I'm on new medication and I'm tired of being fat, basically. lol. Help and advice is always appreciated and friendship, too. =) I currently weigh 250 pounds and I'd like to get back to around 140. My biggest vice is bread and chocolate. Especially if I'm stressed out or just not feeling well. It's affected everything in my life and my self esteem is zilch! I'd love to reconnect with the person I know I am and can be.

I think that's a fitting introduction. =) Have a great evening, everyone!

Replies

• KristineAG
    KristineAG Posts: 36
    Options
    Welcome! We're all here to support each other. Good luck with reaching your goal. Please feel free to add me if you'd like. :smile:
  • snealbone
    snealbone Posts: 1
    Options
    Don't know what to tell you other than religiously track everything you eat on here, and don't cheat. I also suggest you overestimate food calories and underestimate exercise calories, because I'll be damned if "light to moderate effort cleaning" for three hours really burns 900 calories. I've also found it exceedingly helpful to drink seltzer water with a splash of juice in it in lieu of actual juice, soda, or plain water. You're drinking like 10 calories a glass and getting a ton of fluids, which always helps with weight loss.

Oh, and I'm from small town NC too, which drew my eye to your post. Welcome, and good luck!
  • khayes123
    khayes123 Posts: 2
    Options
    Keep up the exercise and track everything you eat! I am also insulin resistant and on diabetes meds...yuck! Learn now how to monitor you carbohydrate intake. If you don't have a good nutritionist, it's your first place to start!
  • lscorpion269
    lscorpion269 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I dont have much advice for you besides hang in there! I've also got insulin against me and while it has taken much longer then I would like I can say that the weight does come off with hard work. :o)

Also, I'm from a small town in NC, in the western piedmont area.
  • laneybird
    laneybird Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I don't really have anything else to add, just wanted to say that I am also from NC... southern piedmont area :)
  • bike4now
    bike4now Posts: 52
    Options
    Good luck to you!
  • IrishEyes68
    IrishEyes68 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck... you will find lots of support on this site. It's 10x harder to lose weight than gain it but you can do this :D
  • orefieldannie
    Options
    you can do it... just keep imagining the outcome and do count all calories it is worth the effort and you did it all by yourself too... no finess clubs just self determination and will power!!!
  • ChayaChameleon
    Options
    I'm from a small town in NC too...outside Charlotte. Good luck with your dieting. I can only imagine how frustrating that is.
  • kare77
    kare77 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! And Good luck. I also have hypothyroidism and let me tell you it sucks. I never had any issues with my weight i was always the tall skinny girl but after having my first child and then being diagnosed with hypo right after having her ( 8 years ago) i have been struggling. Support does help :) Add me.