Low calorie recipes

Options
Hi guys! Does anyone have any tasty but low calorie recipes? Preferably without carbs but anything that is different from salad. Any would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• jameshaslam
    jameshaslam Posts: 10 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    How about a burger?
    Use an English muffin (80 calories for the healthy life brand), with a quorn (veggie) gourmet burger (110 cals).
    Then add onions, olive oil mayo, a sprinkle of cheese, small slither of ketchup, etc.

The quorn 'meat' is fungus-based so high in protein rather than carbs. Means you will feel full longer.
    The whole meal will be about 230 cals depending on what you put in it, and will be very satisfying.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com has a great selection of low calorie recipes
    2 recipes from that site that are popular in my house are the:
    Chicken Taco Chili - 174 cals 2g fat 21g carb 18 g protein
    calories/nutritional value will vary based on the ingredients you use
    Sesame Honey Chicken - 184 cals 4 g fat 13g carb 24 g protein
  • jameshaslam
    jameshaslam Posts: 10 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Also try a Frittata.
    They are very high in protein and nutrients from the eggs, and very easy to make.

Again you will feel full for longer.

Mix all these ingredients together in a cast-iron skillet. Bake in the oven (20 mins or until not runny in the middle).
    Makes 4 servings, 189 calories each.

8 eggs, 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Cashew Milk
    1 tbsp parsley dried, 1 tsp Rosemary, 1 tsp paprika, 1/4 tsp(s) Pepper, salt to taste
    2 cups Broccoli, 1 cup Spinach, 1/2 cup Chopped sauteed onion, 2/3 cup Plum Tomatoes,
    1/2 sec. spray Canola Oil in pan
  • dianecleves
    dianecleves Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Also try a Frittata.
    They are very high in protein and nutrients from the eggs, and very easy to make.

Again you will feel full for longer.

Mix all these ingredients together in a cast-iron skillet. Bake in the oven (20 mins or until not runny in the middle).
    Makes 4 servings, 189 calories each.

8 eggs, 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Cashew Milk
    1 tbsp parsley dried, 1 tsp Rosemary, 1 tsp paprika, 1/4 tsp(s) Pepper, salt to taste
    2 cups Broccoli, 1 cup Spinach, 1/2 cup Chopped sauteed onion, 2/3 cup Plum Tomatoes,
    1/2 sec. spray Canola Oil in pan

Thanks for that! I'll give it a go :)
  • dianecleves
    Options
    skinnytaste.com has a great selection of low calorie recipes
    2 recipes from that site that are popular in my house are the:
    Chicken Taco Chili - 174 cals 2g fat 21g carb 18 g protein
    calories/nutritional value will vary based on the ingredients you use
    Sesame Honey Chicken - 184 cals 4 g fat 13g carb 24 g protein

Thanks for replying. I'll have a look at the site now :)
  • dianecleves
    Options
    How about a burger?
    Use an English muffin (80 calories for the healthy life brand), with a quorn (veggie) gourmet burger (110 cals).
    Then add onions, olive oil mayo, a sprinkle of cheese, small slither of ketchup, etc.

The quorn 'meat' is fungus-based so high in protein rather than carbs. Means you will feel full longer.
    The whole meal will be about 230 cals depending on what you put in it, and will be very satisfying.

Thank you for replying. I will pop to the supermarket and get all the ingredients now :)
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I use pinterest for a lot of my low cal meal ideas :) I substitute a lot of things, for example chilli made with turkey mince instead of beef and extra tomatoes/less kidney beans. Cauliflower 'fried rice' with lots of veggies and some egg mixed in is a good one too :)
  • ariamythe
    ariamythe Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    The quorn 'meat' is fungus-based so high in protein rather than carbs.

"Fungus-based Quorn" is about the least appetizing phrase I've read today. I'm not saying the food is or isn't good, but that description needs work! :D

• snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I second skinny taste. Check out their web site
  • Faithful_Chosen
    Faithful_Chosen Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I keep a (Tumblr) blog with my favorite homemade low cal creations. Those might give you some ideas? http://countingcalscuisine.tumblr.com
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,618 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I keep a (Tumblr) blog with my favorite homemade low cal creations. Those might give you some ideas? http://countingcalscuisine.tumblr.com

Hold on! I see the pictures and the titles... but the ingredients? The cooking instructions?

(BTW: I can attest that the pancakes ARE good: the batter is made with just egg, banana, and chocolate ;-)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,852 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    One of my favourite lunches. :)

Heinz - Steamfresh - Broccoli, Carrots & Sugarsnap Peas, 150 g
    Uncle Ben's - Single Serve Brown Rice (Microwaveable), 125 g
    Woolworths Select - Shredded Chicken Breast 98% Fat Free - Springwater Au, 85 g (59g drained)

All mixed together, with a few spices added, perhaps.

Total Cal: 292

There is also a Recipes forum here which might worth a look.

• helenbenzie75
    helenbenzie75 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I subscribe to a magazine called Healthy Food Guide, but you can get recipes from their website. They are low in calories and the portion sizes are great. My partner was a little worried about the portion sizes but we've had some meals where the recipe could have served three when it was actually for two!
  • Faithful_Chosen
    edited July 2015
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »

Hold on! I see the pictures and the titles... but the ingredients? The cooking instructions?

(BTW: I can attest that the pancakes ARE good: the batter is made with just egg, banana, and chocolate ;-)

That's because I am laaaazy. I should invest some time to add the entire recipes or at least (screenshots of) the ingredient lists... :sweat_smile: It's meant more as... inspiration?

Edited to say I am doing it now :tongue:
  • Faithful_Chosen
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »

That's because I am laaaazy. I should invest some time to add the entire recipes or at least (screenshots of) the ingredient lists... :sweat_smile: It's meant more as... inspiration?

Edited to say I am doing it now :tongue:

Okay, done! :love:
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,618 Member
    Options
    Bump, because pictures, and low Cal/reasonable Cal food ideas
  • Faithful_Chosen
    Options
    OMFG! I finally did it! The perfect no-grain dark chocolate mug cake is now a fact! It took a good few tries to get right (poor me, hihi!), but I am finally satisfied--and it's only 65 calories, so feel free to make more and stack! Sweet, chocolatey, firm but still a little gooey on the inside... perfect! I will be indulging in these often! Just throwing this out there :smirk:
  • GeddesFit
    GeddesFit Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I make chicken fajitas or tacos but instead of the shell I use romain lettuce leaves.
    I also make spaghetti using spaghetti squash as the noodles.
    Mexican chicken- can of black beans, can of chickpeas, jar of salsa , sprinkle of favourite seasoning, mix all together and pour over 5 chicken breasts in oven safe dish , bake on 425 for about 35-45 mins until chicken is cooked. This is super filling and yummy.