I almost bought a Bikini today as a motivational reminder

Options
I want to lose at least 50 lbs which would put me at 170, but my deepest darkest goal would be 150 and to seal the deal I nearly bought a bikini at Old Navy today. At the time DH said I should have done it but I didn't want to waste the money if I don't succeed. 8 hrs later I'm wishing i did so I could hang it up in my bedroom somewhere where I would see it every day to remind myself and keep me motivated.

Do you have a motivational piece of clothing to keep you going?

Replies

• sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I did! When I met my boyfriend I was in the 130s, and I wore a great brown dress out to the zoo where we went on a date. Our first photos are of me in that dress. 3 years later, I couldn't zip it up at all. I was devastated. I threw away so many clothes as I had gained weight, but I always kept the dress.

February this year I was able to wear the dress again :happy: I should try it on again tonight and see if it is 'too big' yet :wink:
  • erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I did it....I bought one Friday night...a bright color...a change from my dark colors....I don't plan on failing...you won't either! Good Luck! I put it up on my closet door.
  • jhandley27
    jhandley27 Posts: 11
    Options
    My wedding dress motivates me... I don't fit into anymore now that I've had my son. The only problem is that I haven't gotten married yet, so I better get my butt in shape and lose these extra pounds!
  • lianehunter
    Options
    I bought a bikini a few weeks ago... it is taped to my refrigerator. Definitely gives me 2nd thoughts when I want to grab an extra snack.
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    My wedding dress was my motivation too! It fit me today :D It's the first time it's zipped up in many years (been married 9).

I can't wait til it's too big, because I'd already gained some weight when we moved in together before we got married. So my goal is 17lbs less than what I weigh right now.

It really bolstered me to have that dress fit today, I remember when I tried it on and couldn't even get it over my hips :(
  • davinahilary
    davinahilary Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Actually, I have a bikini top but I'm thinking of buying a complete bikini to keep me motivated :D
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Old Navy has a 90 (or is is 60?) day return policy so keep it for 2 months or so then return it and buy another one.

Better yet, do the survey on the receipt and you'll get 15% off your next purchase!
  • dendra7
    dendra7 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I had a vintage sundress. When I bought it, I couldn't even button it up (it has very delicate buttons that run the length of the front). It is a silky and unforgiving fabric. I get to wear it this summer and that feels awesome.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I may run to ON and pick it up tomorrow, it was only 6 bucks. I really should have done it.
  • hallie1107
    hallie1107 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Do it honey!! I bought the cutest bikini at Victoria's Secret and it is hanging on my extra bedroom door so I see it every time I look down the hallway. It really helps me to kick my own butt even harder!!
  • Love_bug
    Love_bug Posts: 9
    Options
    Do it! I did it last year, and even though I never wore it, and now I don't really like it, now that I finally fit into a bikini I bought a new one and it looks great! I lost 65 lbs so far and looking at that bikini helped me so much and still does!
  • tanyaMax
    tanyaMax Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    i have many motivational pieces.... one has to be my wedding dress...that would be grand!!
  • tanyaMax
    tanyaMax Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I may run to ON and pick it up tomorrow, it was only 6 bucks. I really should have done it.

you totally should go back and get it! 6 bux??? what a steal man! best of luck
  • ag23c
    ag23c Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I think it's a great idea. I do a similar thing, but I've been trying on old clothes that are a little too big now in order to keep me motivated. It's a great feeling putting on an old pair a pants that now look baggy. :)

Best wishes
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I went back to ON today and bought a bikini.
    This is what I plan on fitting into next summer and it's hanging up on my closet door so I will see it every time I'm in the bedroom.

Bikini.png