6 Month depression slump.

Options
So in the last year (May 2014 i started) till about January this year i've lost around 200 pounds (90-95kg i was 200kg went down to 105) well then it happened, i've always been lonely and stuff but then it happened i got into one of those depression slumps and gained 15kg, i'd like to say some of it is muscle since iw as eating like crazy but still working out .

So now i went into therapy and im starting to feel way better and i want to start my entire journey again and finally get to the point what im currently dreaming of which is 10% Bodyfat (Im 194cm // 6'4" ). I don't even know why im making this thread, maybe there is someone who is in this slump right now or someone has been there, or maybe this will inspire someone.

Mud'// Daniel

Replies

• eelamme
    eelamme Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I feel as though I am always in a slump. Depression is a nasty curse. I abhor that even with meds and so on and so forth, it is always there....always lurking. You can change things in your life such as working out and cutting out crap food to improve the situation but still, it lurks. Those days where it takes hold and getting out of bed is literally painful...sigh. Feel free to send a FR dear sir.
  • Dex37
    Dex37 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    That is quite the weight loss, congrats. You gained 15kg back during your slump and I'm sure you can get it off again. 10% body fat is not easy to get though. If you have access to a hydrostatic dunk tank, I would recommend doing that now to see your current BF% and then make a plan. Keep pushing forward and working towards your goal and you will achieve it.
  • larali1980
    larali1980 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Wow, a 200 pound loss is super amazing. I just want to say I am all too familiar with depression (I have bipolar) and I'm off my meds right now, so I spend most of my time in a deep dark hole, but exercise really helps, even when I have to force myself to do it. I guess once we meet our goals, that will help the depression somewhat but it will likely not cure it. Meds are always an option that we are fortunate to have in this day and age. There is no shame in going that route. Add me as a friend if you'd like.
  • MistyBlue9
    MistyBlue9 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I have depression too. Been on antidepressants for a while, dreading discussing with the doctor soon weaning off them. I'm unemployed at the moment too, which doesn't help. Add me too, if you like.