Looking to lose 130lbs need friends to motivate and talk to

Options
Hey everyone! My name's Laura. I'm 26 years old and I've made the desicion to start my weight loss journey. I've always struggled with my weight going up and down and now I'm at my heaviest at 278. I can't walk around the block without my ankles burning and have let food get the best of me. I AM TAKING MY LIFE BACK! I just recently began my journey this past Monday and am already worried I won't stay on track long enough to reach my goal. .. I need some good friends to talk to who are also struggling with such a change and will help support and motivate me and be part of my journey!

Replies

• Brownsbacker4evr
    Brownsbacker4evr Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Ive just about eclipsed the 100 pound lost mark. Here to offer my friendship to those who need support or guidance. Feel free to add me
  • AngelJordan
    AngelJordan Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I to am 270 odd pounds and need to lose around 100 lbs. I keep falling off the wagon tho. My hubby eats whatever he wants, and I'm like mm that looks good =(
    I need motivation to keep on my journey tho as being so big really makes me depressed.
    I'm 22 and shouldn't be feeling like this!
  • Perfect_Imperfection91
    Options
    I will help and inspire you to stay on track..just the fact that your trying makes you ahead of the game! Of course it's not easy but it's well worth it in the long run for your health. We all have our struggles, we can choose to let it run us off course or we can use the struggles we have in life to help motivate and push us for the better :)
  • shoopton
    shoopton Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am also kind of in the same boat. I need to lose 120 pounds and just started tracking on Monday! I struggle with sticking with counting calories and exercising, so I understand your fear!
  • krispinator
    krispinator Posts: 10 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Same boat here! I started my journey a year and a half ago. I lost 70 pounds in 7 months and it's been slowly back uphill since. I was 275 or 280 at my highest. I'm 5'2 1/2. I'm at 236 right now. Might even be 240, but when I weighed last week it was 236. So you're not alone at all!! Feel free to add me.
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I was 272 and felt so far gone. I've made it to 250 and I am feeling hopeful. Feel free to add me:)
  • LosingLaurensWay
    LosingLaurensWay Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I've lost 157 pounds now. It is possible! However, I do urge you to not think of this like a diet or the epic end to you weight loss struggle. It's a looooong road. There are major bums and curves but you can do it if you believe in yourself and trust in your strength.

I've always said losing weight is easy, keeping your head in the game when things aren't going the way you planned is the hard part.

All add ya! Everyone else feel free to add me too!
  • LosingLaurensWay
    LosingLaurensWay Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I also have a blog that helped me really process what I was going through as I've lost my weight

Foodtruce.wordpress.com
  • Song91
    Song91 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Laura you are so NOT alone! I just reached my 125 lbs lost mark and have 47 more to go... It's been a looooong haul with lots of ups & downs. But we do this like anything else - one day (hour, minute) at a time. You WILL make it as long as you get back up every time. Let's encourage each other! :~)
  • taryninoly
    taryninoly Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I hear ya... This is an uphill battle. I've lost about 50 lbs and then flaked! I didn't gain but I wasted months not focusing on my goal and we'll I need to get back at it and get rid of this weight!!!!!!
  • LoreA1960
    LoreA1960 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have a long journey ahead of me, but I'm taking it in small increments so I don't get overwhelmed. Altogether I have about 268 lbs. to lose. So far I've lost 56 lbs. and I started in December of 2014. I just try to concentrate on the small victories. I wish the best of luck to everyone!
  • keezo1
    keezo1 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I have about 140 lbs to lose,i started 2 months ago.I have not weighed myself so i dont know how much i have lost but i do feel a lot better.I am falling in love with my walks and my clothes look way better on me.When i started i had no idea i would keep it up for 1 week but it has been 2 months.It is a daily struggle but i think after a while your body learns to adjust and it can get better.
  • kg047
    kg047 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Feel free to add me.
  • sherrsuntha
    sherrsuntha Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am going to send you a friend request. Anyone on this thread is also free to add me!
  • la14210
    la14210 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Your stories and words of encouragement mean so much! !! I've tried to add all of you if I've missed you just add me :) it's a daily stuggle to tell myself I didn't get this weight over night so I wont lose it overnight. .. I am just so impatient!!!!! Guess that's a life lesson that needs to be l learned and practiced in all aspects of life :p guess I'll come out not only healthier but a more rounded person