Lady runners

Options
My apologies if this is in the wrong section but wasn't sure. Anyway strange question but...What underwear do you wear when going for a run? In the past I've just worn everyday cotton panties. These are not good for me! I found they rub quite a bit. (Prehaps it's just me) And it put me off running. So was wondering which do people think are the best? I know it will be different for people but I'd like to start running again, so thought id see what others find most comfortable to run in.

Thanks

Replies

• jenlovesspinning
    jenlovesspinning Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I recommend wicking underwear by under armour
  • Soul_To_Squeeze
    Soul_To_Squeeze Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Oh right ok, I will have a look at their website. Thank you for your reply
  • nishatay
    nishatay Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Maybe boyshorts. I wear whatever. I don't get any rubbing but I do get the occasional wedgie lol
  • janisvin
    janisvin Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I quit wearing underwear running and I like it better!
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    None! I just wear compression style running shorts. My favorites are seamless on the inner legs so there is no extra friction.
  • jenniejoy07
    jenniejoy07 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I bought some running underwear from Amazon. They are aisics. They are so comfortable while working out and do t bunch at all. I only have 2 pairs because they are pricy at about $20/pair but so worth it!
  • Miles_to_Go
    Miles_to_Go Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    When I was having the same problem I did like funjen1972-no underwear, only compression shorts under the running shorts. Worked great. This stopped being an issue after losing some weight and now I can wear anything.
  • Soul_To_Squeeze
    Soul_To_Squeeze Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Ah thank you everyone, I will be having a look at these suggestions for sure!
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    I just wear whatever but i make sure my capri pants are nice and tight with no seams so they don't rub. I can't even run in shorts (or at least haven't tried lately) due to chaffing
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    @amgreenwell - if you have lost weight since the last time you tried running in shorts, maybe give it a try? I used to get the bunching and chaffing, but lost a bit of weight and now my favorite running gear in the summer are running shorts (whatever walmart brand). @ OP - I tend to wear the semi-silky underwear from a package of 6. I think they are fruit of the loom? They don't move around (for me) as much as cotton underwear. If I'm not wearing shorts, (i.e. I'm in compression pants) I go commando, like some of the other ladies here, because I DO get bunching if I'm wearing anything tight to run in.
  • KatieMKE
    KatieMKE Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    janisvin wrote: »
    I quit wearing underwear running and I like it better!
    Commando baby! And 8f I need a little A&D ointment when I get home, so be it. I have yet to find an underwear that's comfortable.
  • mjrnner
    mjrnner Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    nothing. Short with built in briefs or pants commando.