My motivation is dying out :(

Options
I started In January going to the gym almost everyday, if not working out there, working out at home... Then my son got sick.. over and over again! Ear infections, stomach bugs, strep throat... whatever, he's had it! It's been going on every other week.. I'm still trying to workout when I can but I feel like If I'm not taking care of him, then I'm working. (I work from home and find it extremely hard to work when he's home since he's such a mama's boy when he's sick) He's pretty much glued to me even when he's not sick. Regardless, I feel like I never have time to workout or when I do have time, I don't feel like it.
I'm also eatting poorly... forgetting to log my diary or not loading on purpose... I binge eat... today I just felt like I couldn't get full and binged on junk food. I do really good for a few days and then relapse.. or I lose 2lbs and relapse. I got down to 201.2 2 weeks ago, then ate like a freakin pig for a few days and then went back to eating healthy again and on the day of my weigh in, I was down to 201.0... This week this morning I was up to 205.8 WTF! I'm hating myself right now b/c I ate like crap today too... I made a few good choices but mostly bad ones... I need help... I need a kick in the *kitten* to get me back on track and stay on track!!!
I was down 30lbs from my highest weight last August.. I don't want to go back there ever again!

Replies

• guppygirl322
    guppygirl322 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    No no no! You can do this! I know how you feel, my daughter was the same when she was little, clingy when she was sick. Just remember, the better you eat, the easier it will be for you to look after your son!!!! I used to binge eat a LOT, almost every night but it is just a bad habit and you CAN break it. The way I look at it is this, if you can take care of a child, you can do ANYTHING, lol! Just keep thinking of your son. The habits you have are going to influence him. That was my wake up call. My daughter started getting a little bit of a muffing top (she's only 7) and I realised that MY habits were rubbing off on her and she was heading in a BAD direction. Let your son be your motivation. You don't want him to get your bad habits, and you want to be the best mom you can be, there for him when he needs you for a long LONG time!
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Just make one good choice at a time. When you feel like you're going to reach for some junk food, stop and ask yourself "is this going to help me reach my goal?" As far as working out goes, maybe take your son for a walk? I'm not too sure..I don't have kids. Or pop in a DVD after he goes to bed. Just remember that if taking it a day at a time seems to daunting when it comes to your food, take it one meal (or snack) at a time. I know you can do it!
  • guppygirl322
    Options
    Oh, and here's the thing about exercise, doing it when you don't feel like it is the BEST time to do it because it makes you feel better. I used to pace back and forth in my house if I couldn't go for a walk. Do that for 5 or 10 minutes 3 - 5 times a day, and you've got your 30 minutes in.
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I was in your exact same spot!!! I have been struggling the last week or so with lack of motivation. Well today I volunteered at a local horse rescue and at the end she had me take my first riding lesson. Ok... I have not been on a horse in 10 years or so and I haven't been in an English saddle since I was like 5?!!?! I'm telling you, after being as sore as I am today and one of my biggest goals when I started was to get thin enough to get back on a horse today was somethin else!! My advice?? Try to attempt one of your goals that you have set up for yourself. You will be amazed at your progress so far and be motivated by the success and room for improvement! Your son will thank you for it!
  • webdiva1
    webdiva1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I hear ya, but don't give up! You KNOW you can do this because you already have, right? So here are a few things to consider.

First (and this is important), forgive yourself for screw-ups. You can't change them now anyway, and there are better things to use that energy on. :)

Next, remember that every day is a fresh new start. Drop the baggage and self-loathing (I've so been there) and get back on the bus starting tomorrow. Or Monday.

Finally (and this was my number one thing): you have to get your head in a whole different place. We're talking life change here, not diet ... but you already know that. You either want to change -- enough to think and act differently when it comes to food -- or you don't. In the great scheme of things, four pounds is a drop in the bucket. Get back on track and you'll lose it again before you know it.

So get the junk food out of the house. Drink water -- LOTS of it -- to curb your appetite. Find something physical you can do to work off some of that stress. If you can't make it to the gym, take your kidlet on a walk.

Clearly, I don't know much about your situation, but I've been in a dark place myself once or twice. You can pull yourself outta there, you know. You CAN. Forward we go!
  • guppygirl322
    Options
    I hear ya, but don't give up! You KNOW you can do this because you already have, right? So here are a few things to consider.

First (and this is important), forgive yourself for screw-ups. You can't change them now anyway, and there are better things to use that energy on. :)

Next, remember that every day is a fresh new start. Drop the baggage and self-loathing (I've so been there) and get back on the bus starting tomorrow. Or Monday.

Finally (and this was my number one thing): you have to get your head in a whole different place. We're talking life change here, not diet ... but you already know that. You either want to change -- enough to think and act differently when it comes to food -- or you don't. In the great scheme of things, four pounds is a drop in the bucket. Get back on track and you'll lose it again before you know it.

So get the junk food out of the house. Drink water -- LOTS of it -- to curb your appetite. Find something physical you can do to work off some of that stress. If you can't make it to the gym, take your kidlet on a walk.

Clearly, I don't know much about your situation, but I've been in a dark place myself once or twice. You can pull yourself outta there, you know. You CAN. Forward we go!

I couldn't have said it better myself!!!!!
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    GunnyErmey1.jpg
    How's that for a kick in the behind??
  • Jenn97355
    Jenn97355 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I know EXACTLY how you feel..... I was 31lbs down, then a lot of bad things have happened in the last 5 mos,(gained back 9lbs!) and I was having a hard time---still am most days-- but I look at what I have accomplished, realize I am human...tell myself that I did not gain 100 extra pounds overnight, therefore they will not go away overnight...and keep logging in. Every day...even on the BAD days...makes me more accountable, I believe. You can do it. Don't give up. Some days I have such awful days I log in 2000cals, but no food...Then the next day I am mad at myself, so I say SCREW IT, and give up for that day as well....when I get out of the funk, I realize that I can beat this. ONE DAY at a time....and that my dreams ARE attainable...I just cannot give up. So I pick myself back up, shake off the bad day, and start fresh...:flowerforyou: You are strong enough...and you have all of us!
  • Saragre
    Saragre Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You have been so encouraging to me, even though we have never met. Thank you. Food can be so comforting when we are going through hard times. Maybe trying to make it good food will help. The others are right, you've done this before and you can do it again!! It's not a screw up, it's a lesson learned!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    The question you have to ask yourself is: Do you want to be fat?

If the answer is no, then you know what to do.

If the answer is anything other than no, then just curl up on the couch in your bathrobe and start eating bonbons.

It's that simple.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Sadly, at 41, I'm still clingy when I'm sick.... I can tell when I'm getting sick not because I feel bad/tired/achey, but because I really just want a hug....

I'm so hoping you're getting time for yourself.
  • samickgirl
    samickgirl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You can do it, just keep checking in with your friends!!! Accountability is a great motivator! Keep us posted!
  • th1nkth1nmama
    th1nkth1nmama Posts: 158
    Options
    I was in your exact same spot!!! I have been struggling the last week or so with lack of motivation. Well today I volunteered at a local horse rescue and at the end she had me take my first riding lesson. Ok... I have not been on a horse in 10 years or so and I haven't been in an English saddle since I was like 5?!!?! I'm telling you, after being as sore as I am today and one of my biggest goals when I started was to get thin enough to get back on a horse today was somethin else!! My advice?? Try to attempt one of your goals that you have set up for yourself. You will be amazed at your progress so far and be motivated by the success and room for improvement! Your son will thank you for it!

Agree!! I'm signing up for my first 5k for July 2nd! I think I am finally ready!! Congrats for getting back on the horse!
  • th1nkth1nmama
    th1nkth1nmama Posts: 158
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I need to get myself out of this funk!! I started the C25K today with my older boy and I'm gonna make time to continue to do this until I reach my next goal! July 2nd Independence Day Run!!!!
  • K1Teacher
    K1Teacher Posts: 324 Member
    Options

What she said! You can do it - make a decision and stick to it. You've got this!