How can i eat healthy for cheap?

Options
Its so expensive to keep healthy food constantly in the house. I don't where i should buy so many of these healthy foods i see on instagram and pinterest. Help?!?

Replies

• chartigan81
    chartigan81 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Fruit and vegetables are fairly cheap if you look and the price per lb. compare a candy bar 1.00 for what 8oz? bananas are .57/lb here I can by a whole bundle for 2.00. Look for sale items. I buy a lot apples when there on sale. Price match where available. Walmart will price match. Also buying from wholesaler is more cost efficient.
    Shop at local farmers or farmers markets. There are a lot of food co-ops depending on your location.
    One thing everyone misses is the cost of health offsets the cost healthcare costs of unhealthy eaters. Hope this helps. If you have any questions feel free to message me.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Beans and rice are great staples, and if you buy in bulk, both are under 25 cents US per serving (1 cup cooked)

I don't buy eggs but I hear they are very cheap as well.
  • moondrake
    moondrake Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Eggs are not so cheap these days but are still one of the cheapest forms of protein. I find my Costco membership a big asset. Whole roasted chicken $5, huge bags of iceberg lettuce $2.50, big bags of dark leafy greens or broccoli for around $5, great canned white meat chicken for around d $2 for a big can. Lots of organic choices.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Buy food from Aldi and bulk stores like Sam's Club and BJ's.

Buy frozen meat and fish.

Buy frozen vegetables and fruit (unless in season).

• pjones81
    pjones81 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I would like to know more information on this topic! ! Add me! B)