Creative Snack ideas

Options
I really feel like I am stuck in a snack rut...we constantly have baked chips, triscuits, granola bars, and assorted fruits and vegetables to snack on. However, I am really getting bored of the same thing every week. Does anyone do anything creative for snacks?

Replies

• B3Streeter
    B3Streeter Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I like to mix my plain greek yogurt with flaxseed, honey, cinnamon, and a banana. It is really good and filling!! or some almond butter on an apple. Pumpkin seeds are good and full of protein too!
  • funkymommy
    funkymommy Posts: 8
    Options
    I have high protein snacks so that it fills my body up and curbs cravings - cottage cheese, almonds, turkey pepperoni for example.
  • laurenstephw
    Options
    I often do sugar free pudding or mini baby bell cheese or smart pop white cheddar popcorn
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    triscuits are more cals than Id like to eat :( BUT oh so yummy!
  • maygans
    maygans Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I picked this up from my friend...I take 2 wasa 7 grain light and crispy crackers (20 calories each) and top with 1/2 tbsp each (so 1 tbsp total) tribe hummus. The pizza hummus is 15 calories per tbsp, and the regular hummus is 25 calories per tbsp, so anywhere from 55-65 calories for the entire snack! It really takes the edge off for me for a few hours! I've also topped them with peanut butter before. I love these crackers!!
  • guppygirl322
    guppygirl322 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I like non fat greek yogurt with fruit and a sprinkle of granola for breakfast, but that is really good anytime you want something dessert-y. Other sweet snacks is a serve of raisins or dried cranberries mixed with a serve of chocolate chips. That's about a 200 calorie snack if you measure it out right. A hard boiled egg is less than a 100 calories and a nice little protein hit. I also like carrots with hummos dip for less than 100 calories. A light babybel has only 50 calories. Check out Hungry Girl's website, she has lots of ideas too.