My first goal - I'm no longer obese!

andyj1984
andyj1984 Posts: 76
edited September 27 in Success Stories
I know its only numbers on a scale, but my BMI has now dropped to under 30, so this means I'm just 'Overweight' instead of 'Obese'! I'm really happy, I have lost approximately 2 stone in about 8 weeks. The weight has been coming off a little quicker than expected, but I think this is because I had so much to lose in the first place (my starting weight was approx 250lbs), plus I have been doing around 4000cals of exercise a week.

The journey is only about a third of the way there though, still got loads more to achieve, and I still look at myself and see lots and lots of fat to get rid of, but its a good start! :) And its proof that MFP works if you give it enough time and stick to it!

I can't wait to achieve my next goal now! (less than 200lbs).

Thanks for the motivation from everyone, its been very helpful :)

(edit) - I have also lost about 10" of flab from 6 measured locations on my body. Not too bad!

Replies

• Growe190
    Growe190 Posts: 18
    very cool
  • ComfySoul
    ComfySoul Posts: 2
    That is fantastic! You have done an amazing job. You will reap so many rewards for your tenacity.
  • susant22
    susant22 Posts: 1 Member
    That's so great You should be very proud as it is not an easy feat. Keep at it and you will reap the benefits!
  • arotella
    arotella Posts: 98 Member
    Excellent!
  • andyj1984
    andyj1984 Posts: 76
    Thankyou for the kind words everyone! It just gives me even more motivation to continue...
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!