a peak in your diary?

Options
Does anyone have a public food diary I can look at? I need ideas for low sodium, low sugar items.

Replies

• K1Teacher
    K1Teacher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Peek away...it is kinda boring though. :wink:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Mines not public.

But the key to low sodium and low sugar is not eating processed food. That is where you get the excessive salt and sugars.

Myfitnesspal tracks all sugars, including fructose and lactose, and you really only have to worry about added sugars in processed foods. You can't eliminate all types of sodium, and you don't want to. 1500 mg a day is the current recommendation for healthy adults in the U.S.
  • sweetbri07
    sweetbri07 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Mine should be open....feel free to look! My battle with sodium and sugar are a daily battle!
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Mine's only viewable to friends. I used to struggle with sodium too, but now I stay under 1500mg/day . The only way to stay away from too much sodium really is to stay way from processed foods. I don't track sugar because it almost all comes from fruit and I go over every day and I figure if it is coming from fruits I am ok. Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • flyawaybyebye
    flyawaybyebye Posts: 250
    Options
    Pretty much any fresh vegetable would fit the bill. :)
  • samntim
    samntim Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Help yourself to mine. Don't get too excited though about what you'll find!

As my husband and son are both bonafide carnivores and the only meat I eat is chicken (and it can't even come close to resembling a chicken - lame I know!), I usually have to cook different meals for them than for me. So my easy peasy cheats way out is really simple foods for me, and at the moment while I'm counting calories I tend to stick with the same foods for simplicity. And unlike most people on here, I do eat individually packaged and frozen meals.

As they say on all the reality shows - good luck with your journey!
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    mine is public, feel free
    I track sodium and sugar and most days stay under on both
  • nsciambi
    nsciambi Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Mine is public, but my sugar is always way over. I'm a big fruit eater.
  • lizzil0
    lizzil0 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I don't track sodium, but I do sugar- most days I'm under so feel free to check it out. It's hard limiting fruits, I usually only eat one or two servings a day, although I'd like more!
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Mines not public.

But the key to low sodium and low sugar is not eating processed food. That is where you get the excessive salt and sugars.

Myfitnesspal tracks all sugars, including fructose and lactose, and you really only have to worry about added sugars in processed foods. You can't eliminate all types of sodium, and you don't want to. 1500 mg a day is the current recommendation for healthy adults in the U.S.

+1

except that mine is public :D I'm working on building up muscle mass, but you are free to look at what I eat.
  • Mommyof3texans
    Options
    Mine's open, I try to keep my daily sodium to 1500 so hopefully you'll find some good stuff in there.
  • Tarah40
    Tarah40 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Mines only available to my friends. Feel free to add me and have a look but I struggle to keep under on my sugar, usually because of fruit though x
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Mine's open to friends.

I'm always over on sugar from all the dairy I eat though.
  • hillview2
    hillview2 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Mine is open. I am working to get my sugar down.
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Mines open, but it's kinda of boring. I still have trouble with fats and sodium, but getting better. The more you go clean unprocessed foods the better your numbers will be all the way around. Litterally:-)
  • ms_debbieg
    ms_debbieg Posts: 34
    Options
    Mine is open, I never have problems with sodium but sugar is my downfall!! I love anything baked, chocolate, and sweet & YUMMY!!
    I agree with other, stay away from processed foods or eating out.
  • mpfand
    mpfand Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Mine is open, although far from perfect.
  • lingading
    lingading Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Feel free to check mine out!