Last 10 pounds game plan!

Options
Hey all! Happy Long weekend any fellow Canadians.

I just spent sometime reading the blogs of the nutritionist and the fitness coach of the show "the Last 10 Pounds Boot-Camp". It's a great show if you are ever looking for ideas to apply to your own weight loss journey!
Anyways, for the past month I have been "dieting." I calorie counted, eating my net of 1200 calories, and was active a few times throughout the week.
The scale has not budged. GaH! How dissapointing! All that chocolate I gave up and I'm still not bikini ready!

Yeah, I now know 1200 cals is way to low. I just didn't know. I was just doing what was recommended. I didn't realize that the last 10 pounds are actually supposed to be challenege to get off. I have never lost weight before, I have only gained the 10-15 lbs in the past 2 years in university and I want to get it off.

SO for any ppl in the same boat as me, I figured I'd share what I learned from the blogs.
Basically, fitness-wise Tommy recommends doing 2-3 days of cardio, and 2-3 days of resistance training.
nutrition wise, Maria pretty much just said to follow the food guide....and eat 1500 cals...or more if you are more active. Each meal, have the majority of it as vegies. Eat every 3-4 hours. No eating 3 hrs before bed. Limit the amount of fruit (this was mentioned in an article in today's Globe and Mail. Women eat 25g of fiber!

I'm starting tmrw. Wish me luck......I need it. lol

Starting tmrw

Replies

• makinitcount44
    makinitcount44 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing!! I am in the same boat and would love to use 10lbs tooo....maybe I need a game plan also.

GOOD LUCK!!
  • Lbiacono
    Lbiacono Posts: 8
    Options
    good luck! I eat abotu 1200 a day- it depends on your weight and height-- the days i work out i calculate it and i can eat more.. take some vitamins as well - spicy foods also speed your metabolism as well..

also you may hit some plateaus so just switch up what you are eating each week
    one week i stick to a vegan type eating
    another week ill be more low carb and eat mostly lean meats
    and the next week ill just eat a combo of whole grains and lean meats
    it helps..
    although I have cheated a couple of times and gained back ! :(
  • nancymmorris
    nancymmorris Posts: 310
    Options
    Good Luck!!! I justed changed my goal to 1 lb a week and it changed my calories from 1200 to 1450. I average 1400 to 1600 and the weight is slowly coming off again. About 1 lb a week.
  • MsBlueEyzz
    MsBlueEyzz Posts: 4
    Options
    Hmm, it looks like perhaps I am not eating enough. A lot of you changed your diet plan from 1200 to more. Perhaps I should try this for a few days and see if that will help me get started here :)
  • jenny_tan01
    Options
    Happy Victoria Day to my fellow Canadians! :D

I'm having trouble too with the last 10lbs too! I am finding it difficult too the last couple wks because the weather is getting warmer and hanging out with friends more which means that I'm eating more. I find its such a social thing to eat with friends. I'm trying this new thing which I eat the same kinds of foods I normally eat just in smaller portions.
  • kew736
    kew736 Posts: 28
    Options
    @ jenny_tan01- Definitely! I'm doing a "only eat when I'm hungry" approach, that is how I used to eat before university. But then when I went to school I could only eat during certain times of the day, so I 'd eat regardless if I was actually hungry or not....because I knew I would not be able to eat until my next break. I've always eaten small portions though.....even on Thanksgiving I use a small plate instead of the larger dinner plate! And desert is served on a tea saucer!

Yes at 1200 I was actually not hungry, at times I would eat cheese and almonds just to use up all my calories.

As per exercise calories, I'm going to eat them only if I am hungry...or light headed.

On the blogs it said that 10 pounds are hard to lose and to aim for .5 lbs a week. I searched the forums here as well, and it seems typical that a lot of people have taken 2-3 months to lose the weight.

Mindyou on the tv show, the participants lose it in a one month period, so more is definately possible....I guess it all depends on how strict you are with your nutrition. I'm going to be VERY strict, as the past month has been unsuccessful despite my calorie deficit
  • dubaigal
    dubaigal Posts: 10
    Options
    3 months from my big day and 10 pounds to go............its so hard to take them off:(