Free version or upgrade

chartigan81
chartigan81 Posts: 17 Member
hello all. I have been using the free edition of mfp. What are the rest of you using? Free or upgrade? Is the upgrade worth the 49.99/yr?

Replies

• ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    I am using the free version. Check out the premium feature list to see if any of it is worth it to you...
  • SharonBrobst
    SharonBrobst Posts: 62 Member
    I've been using the free version. Works for me.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited July 2015
    I'm not sure if the features of premium are worth the cost for me. I've been using MFP for free since 2013 (if you didn't know, premium has only been around for a few months now) and have done just fine without the new features. I might consider trying a month of it in the future, but as of right now I don't feel like paying that much for features that I've been able to live without so far.

You have to decide if the features sound appealing to you or not though.
  • chartigan81
    Thanks for the feed back. I've looked into it before. Wasn't really sure how it actually worked.
  • chartigan81
    I'm not 100 percent sure if I'm sold on the premium. Like you stated I've done without the extras for so long.... Do I really need them now?
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    I have premium. I haven't decided if I'll renew when it comes due again.

What I like about it is the ability to set macros by number of grams rather than ratio, and the ability to set a different ratio for exercise calories.

I try to get a minimum amount of protein a day regardless of total calories, so I set my protein relatively high, then allocate most of my exercise calories to carbs and fat.
  • Dex37
    Dex37 Posts: 55 Member
    The app is worth about $5. I would upgrade for that amount, not a monthly or annual fee.