Is anyone else trying to lose baby weight?

Options
I gained so much during my pregnancy and now I feel so overwhelmed about trying to lose it all! This is the heaviest I have ever been and it is a little hard to stay motivated.

Replies

• IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I finally got rid of the baby weight a couple months ago. it can be daunting but if you keep it up you'll look back and see how far you've gotten. i was 276 and now i'm 227...i was already big when i got pregnant...i waited till after breast feeding before i started losing weight. i lost 30 lbs in the first 3 months, although great, i needed to slow down. i have 48 more lbs to go and it really doesn't seem like that long ago i started. don't dwell on it, enjoy your little baby and you'll get to where you are going before you know it! good luck and congrats on your baby!
  • HalleyCampbell
    HalleyCampbell Posts: 5 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I finally got rid of the baby weight a couple months ago. it can be daunting but if you keep it up you'll look back and see how far you've gotten. i was 276 and now i'm 227...i was already big when i got pregnant...i waited till after breast feeding before i started losing weight. i lost 30 lbs in the first 3 months, although great, i needed to slow down. i have 48 more lbs to go and it really doesn't seem like that long ago i started. don't dwell on it, enjoy your little baby and you'll get to where you are going before you know it! good luck and congrats on your baby!

Thank you! I was also big when I got pregnant (215). I got up to 272 and also lost 30 pounds in the first month! I am now back up to 263 and I just know I should be losing and not gaining! Lol. Hopefully this program will give me some motivation. I'm excited to have a community to share with.
  • jenhenning219
    jenhenning219 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    i am currently 33 weeks pregnant and i weigh 253and was 260 befrore i got pregnant, i am trying to loose 53 lbs to start and then get to wonderland, i plan on breast feeding my daughter as well i cant wait to get back on track
  • karlis87
    karlis87 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Yep. And it is really hard for some reason this time. I had my 3rd baby and for some reason this time I haven't been able to motivate myself. Maybe because I have to keep losing the same 30 lbs. :( but I just got serious and I am going to do it again. I've done it before but it won't happen if I don't work for it. :smile:
  • NoFear4Me
    NoFear4Me Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yep!!
  • kassmeyer376
    kassmeyer376 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes! Baby #2 is 8months and I am still 10 pounds away. I can't seem to lose any more. Looking for some encouragement and advice from other mamas.
  • HalleyCampbell
    HalleyCampbell Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yes! Baby #2 is 8months and I am still 10 pounds away. I can't seem to lose any more. Looking for some encouragement and advice from other mamas.

Mine is 6 months. I was doing well at first and now I've just been STUCK. I could use some advice and motivation too.
  • 3AAnn3
    3AAnn3 Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    I'm losing nursing weight. I don't gain much when pregnant, but always put on some while nursing. The struggle is real, but you can do it. Get a food scale if you don't have one and WEIGH EVERYTHING!
  • MrsC411
    MrsC411 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Me! I had my second daughter 3 weeks ago. I gained 57 lbs with this pregnancy and it feels like an uphill battle at times. I aim to lose the 57 lbs but also become more physically active and tone up. We can do this! Seconding the recommendation to weigh everything, I've found it very helpful.
  • looneypumpkin
    looneypumpkin Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I was a huge 330 when I had my son (had gained 55lbs but 30 of it was from preeclampsia)
    I've lost all that I gained but need to lose 50 more. Would love to join you ladies and support each other.
  • emeliasmith
    emeliasmith Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    After my last pregnancy I was able to lose all the weight plus 10 pounds more with MFP and diligent walking (a total of 30 pounds over about 8 months after I weaned). Now my second is 9 months and I am stuck 20 pounds above pre-pregnancy. Looking for support too! I have a goal to lose 40 pounds and get back to my lowest adult weight now that I am done having children, so I have long road ahead :-) Still nursing too.
  • silverchick
    silverchick Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose the baby weight too! Anyone interested in starting a new group for moms so we can motivate one another?
  • amandakayd89
    amandakayd89 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Me too! I have 5lbs to go to pre pregnancy weight but am hating this new mom bod! Only 3 weeks post C section so excited to get the all clear to start doing more than walking in the next few weeks! I was at my heaviest before pregnancy so hoping to loose an extra 30-50lbs... Would love some tips and motivation as well!
  • Elisabuffy19
    Elisabuffy19 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I am about 7 weeks postpartum. Still breastfeeding and. trying to lose the last 10 lbs.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose the weight too. I honestly can't remember my exact weight before I got pregnant with my 4th child (15 months ago). I have a big goal in mind but I'm excited to see the better me.
  • NyeMye
    NyeMye Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as all of you ladies. It's tough to lose weight after the baby. This is my third and I feel like I've been gaining and losing for the past 4 years! (My children are pretty close in age.) I'm going to add some of you. Hopefully we can motivate each other. Feel free to add me.
  • rosiepaulson2015
    rosiepaulson2015 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    add me too!!!! I am trying to lose the baby number four weight, but it is slow going right now. I have about 35 more pounds. i would love some motivation and support!
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    yep! she's now FOUR and I still have 4 kilos to lose! Though I only pulled my finger out and started doing this properly 243 days ago.
  • emmyrn21
    emmyrn21 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Me! I weighed 165 before I got and the day i went in to deliver my baby boy I weighed 257 :-( I'm down to 220 and my goal is 160. Feel free to add me :-)
  • kellylouisexo
    kellylouisexo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My LG is 10 weeks old and I'm EBF. I was 140 before my son and was around 170 before my daughter and I'm hovering around that number now. I would like to get back to 140ish. I'm more about the clothes sizes so uk10 would be fab. Feel free to add me too xxx