Fruit and veggies.

Options
Is anybody else shocked at how little fresh produce other people eat? I've been a member for about a week now and have been nosing around peoples food diary's and honestly I'm quite surprised! Love my veggies and fruit, I feel rotten without them.

Go veggies!

Replies

• JuliaD81
    JuliaD81 Posts: 33
    Options
    You know, I've noticed that too! My husband calls me a freak because I eat so many veggies, so I just thought I was eating too many.....well, compared to everyone else anyway. ;-) Good luck on your journey!!!!!!
  • gailygail99
    gailygail99 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    OMG..you can friend me and check out my diary...i eat so many fruits and veggies its crazy!! people always comment on it all the time. the bad thing is the sugar..but i dont care. i will not stop eating them though! :bigsmile:
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Yep - there are some very "interesting" eaters out there..... but also some people that eat really well - I have gotten some great ideas from most of my friends on here.

I agree with you - I cant do without my veges - and I also know I get to eat a lot more than people that stack up on all sorts of bars, and high cal foods - they must be hungry all the time...
  • almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I am addicted to Strawberries...I have eaten a pint a day for the last 2 days and have no sign of stopping....!!!!

I find they kill the junk food crave !!

+ in season = good value

Pint-a-way!!!!
  • gailygail99
    gailygail99 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I am addicted to Strawberries...I have eaten a pint a day for the last 2 days and have no sign of stopping....!!!!

I find they kill the junk food crave !!

+ in season = good value

Pint-a-way!!!!

me too!! i was eating a 2lb container a week! they havent seemed to be so good here lately though so i have moved on to watermelon and other fruits. but i still eat my strawberries when they look good! :happy:
  • wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am also very shocked. I love my veggies, and plan every meal to include some fruit and/or veg. I also think that the people on here that diet by still eating junk food are probably most likely to end up putting the weight back on again .....
  • SarahJaneDeschamp
    SarahJaneDeschamp Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    i could do with you as a friend to kick my butt as i dont eat enough, thanks to this post i have planned ahead today and packed my diary full of fruit & veg...thank you x
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    I love veggies!
  • lauragoat
    lauragoat Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'd love to know if anyone has had any luck with some veggies that don't cause gas!! I hate that gassy feeling!!! Any suggestions!!!
  • stella77
    stella77 Posts: 282
    Options
    I used to eat a lot of fresh fruits but gave that up mostly on MFP when I realized just how many kcal it has.
    I still have like an apple a day or similar, but not in huge quantities like I used to.
  • elektradarling
    elektradarling Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm not very good at all at eating fruit and veg....often i have something with an evening meal like peas or carrots, but thats about as far as I go :/

It has to be in something for me to eat it lol

I can eat strawberries and stuff but I've just never been a fruit and veg lover!
  • almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I'm not very good at all at eating fruit and veg....often i have something with an evening meal like peas or carrots, but thats about as far as I go :/

It has to be in something for me to eat it lol

I can eat strawberries and stuff but I've just never been a fruit and veg lover!
    mmmm strawberries.... eat em up!!!
    but I was not a fan of veggies when I was a young pup... I love asparagus, thats my go too veg!!! cook em up on the BBQ and you are good!!!
  • Sarah_uk
    Sarah_uk Posts: 209
    Options
    I'm quilty of not eating enough vegetables,but I do like fruits especially strawberries :)
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    It may depend on the day you are looking at people's diaries. I have some days where I eat probably 15 portions of fruits and vegetables, and others where I may have only 3. It varied depending on the day of the week, as my veg box arrives on thursdays. By Weds I have usually almost run out.

I am surprised how much processed food people seem to eat, though. And eggs. I never knew anyone could eat more than one egg a day! I don't like them.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I'd love to know if anyone has had any luck with some veggies that don't cause gas!! I hate that gassy feeling!!! Any suggestions!!!

I get that from bread. If you cut out wheat, you may find you don't get bloated from vegetables.
  • just_dance
    just_dance Posts: 15
    Options
    My friend works at a pet shop and he actually said to me "you eat what I feed the tortoises and rabbits" lol..

. I <3 strawberries!!! they rock my freaking world!!! I ate soooo many this week ... can't wait to buy more lol...

since someone mentioned it ... I tried eggs for breakfast this morning since I noticed a lot of other people seem to do that... not a huge fan but I have to say I really have not been hungry like all day ...

Oh and eating broccoli right now!!! Just demolished a forest of raw green fun lol!!!!
  • FJMilner
    FJMilner Posts: 407
    Options
    I try and get at least 5 portions a day of fruit and veg, quite often more than that....I feel awful without it! Even when Im not trying to lose weight I still have to have the fruit and veg!
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I actually can't start off my day without an orange, anymore. It's worse than going without my coffee.
  • _Aimée_
    _Aimée_ Posts: 190
    Options

Persevere!! If you eat lots everyday your body will eventually calm down.

I can eat quite alot of calories so I don't really mind the sugar from fruit..today I had some dried blueberries in my porridge, and a portion of strawberries for breakfast, just finished my workout and will eat a banana once I've cooled down a bit, then a chicken salad for lunch probably. Then for dinner I'm making cauliflower, butternut squash and chick pea curry, might throw some spinach in there for good measure. Will be snacking on fruit dried and fresh inbetween maybe some cherry toms, that so thats my daily quota more than met. I just don't find it that difficult?!
    I do remember when it used to be difficult though. I remember thinking to myself I can't remember the last time I had a vegetable. You just have to retrain your body, and learn to incorporate them into meals more, and stay away from processed snacks! (I'm still working on that...stilla sucker for salt and vinegar rice cakes!)
  • Midori_i
    Midori_i Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I love vegetables too and am regularly amazed at how little my friends eat, have in their house or how very little fresh stuff people pack in their shopping carts. I love eating, and if I didn't stack up on veggies, I'd be way over my calorie limit everyday... Go veggies!