Dry July

Options

Replies

• mamma_adventure
    mamma_adventure Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Great @javame let's hope our motivation lasts another 24 days o:)
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 9 without wine and have lost 4 pounds! Also, my skin looks better and I look younger and not so worn out. Gonna keep it up - feel free to add me as a friend!!
  • javame
    javame Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Wtg, @tmbg1, success motivates! I added you:)

Day 8 in the books here. Feeling good!
  • mamma_adventure
    Options
    @tmbg1 I've also added you! Everyone is doing sooo well! :)
  • mom216
    mom216 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    maryerline wrote: »
    I'll do this with you! This is one of my major goals for this summer. I'm on day 3 of insanity and have wanted for a very long to stop drinking. I drink a TON. It's very hard not to seeing as I work at a bar. But I'm committed to living a healthy life and the alcohol has got to go. Nothing wrong with alcohol but for me once I start I don't stop.

Anything you try to control is already out of control.
  • mamma_adventure
    Options
    How's everyone feeling heading into the weekend? I'm hosting a birthday dinner tomorrow night for my sis-in-law...I would normally be drinking wine, however I'm working first thing Saturday morning so I think that will help me to stay away from the booze...plus I'm shattered this week as my job is new and I've been doing training late at night. Also...I'm determined to stay in the 9 stones now that I'm here for the first time in probably 20 years :D
  • javame
    Options
    Wtg on the WL, mrs.kitty! And GL with the party, I think you got this!
    mom216 wrote: »
    maryerline wrote: »
    I'll do this with you! This is one of my major goals for this summer. I'm on day 3 of insanity and have wanted for a very long to stop drinking. I drink a TON. It's very hard not to seeing as I work at a bar. But I'm committed to living a healthy life and the alcohol has got to go. Nothing wrong with alcohol but for me once I start I don't stop.

Anything you try to control is already out of control.

Then it's a good thing she--well, ALL of us on mfp--are on it, trying to control whatever issue each of us has (alcohol, chocolate, carbs, whatever) are on it.
  • Somebody_Loved
    Somebody_Loved Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I'm a little late to this but I decided to go dry for the rest of July, also. Today was my 3rd day. I realized I was drinking way too many calories a week (along with spending too much money and not sleeping well). This weekend I'm going out of town on a river float with some friends. It's going to be difficult but I have my mind set on giving my body the much needed break. Also hoping to see some movement on the scale in the upcoming weeks!
  • javame
    Options
    Oh GL SomebodyLoved!!! I made it through July 4 bbq but you can do it! GL!

Ps--love your profile pic, my alma mater (Rutgers) played out in WA last yr, great state!
  • Somebody_Loved
    Options
    @javame - Ha, what a disappointing game that was for me. Hoping for a much better opener this season. ;)
  • kalmf
    kalmf Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone - great challenge! I stopped drinking in June - it's been three weeks but I haven't lost any weight and I think it's because my sugar cravings are through the roof. I'm not normally big on sweets, but now I'm raiding my kids' stashes. I'm hoping this will pass.
  • tmbg1
    Options
    Still hanging in there. I made a nice dinner for the family yesterday, and I usually drink a glass or two while I'm cooking. I just drank water. That was hard, but worth it. Today is day 13!!
  • mamma_adventure
    Options
    Thanks @javame :)
    Welcome @Somebody_Loved and good luck for the weekend...that's always the hardest time!
    Hi @karinf I started this due to a plateau and it's definitely helped to make my scales shift...hope the sugar craving goes away or you find a way to get past it :)
    @tmbg1 go you!! Great work and determination :)
  • tmbg1
    Options
    Spent the day outdoors yesterday...another trigger because after a day of fun and sun, I always had an ice cold glass of pinot. I had water instead - not nearly as tasty, but it left me feeling refreshed instead of droopy. Still hanging in there. Hang in there this weekend everyone!!!!!
  • mamma_adventure
    Options
    Managed through last night's birthday celebrations...The fact I was tired and up early for work helped. Can't say that I'm feeling like I'm missing alcohol...just now ;)
  • Somebody_Loved
    Options
    Good job everyone! Weekends are hard. I found last night difficult as we were sitting on the patio, gorgeous view, talking until 11 or so. Out of habit I wanted to go for the beer but kept to water and had just as good a time.

We're floating the river today but I enlisted a friend to go dry with me so that will help! Have a wonderful Saturday!
  • tmbg1
    Options
    If I make it through today, it will be 2 weeks!!!
  • mamma_adventure
    Options
    2 weeks achieved here :# just another 19 days to go...well done everyone :)o:)
  • javame
    Options
    You guys are doing great. 13 days for me!
    Go, us!
  • tmbg1
    Options
    I read an article yesterday that says what we are doing is not only great for weight loss but also for our skin and liver function! Let's keep it up this week!!