Proaction Acai & Colon Cleanse pills

Options
Hi, just some help please, my mate is starting this tomorrow and i was wondering if anyone has heard of it or tried it? It apparently helps you loose a stone in a month. I'm worried....

Replies

• JuliaD81
    JuliaD81 Posts: 33
    Options
    IMO pills of any kind, cleansing-diet-fat burners, aren't good for you. I'm sure that someone will be able to give you proof that they're fine but I just don't agree. Losing 1 stone in a month isn't healthy anyway, and will probably come back quickly because they are doing it the wrong way. You should try to talk them out of it.........
  • mikeast
    mikeast Posts: 16
    Options
    Hi, I was taken in by the thought of these kinda pills too.Then I started reading more articles about them and as well as the health effects it was also the scams that these companies do over the internet that scared me!
    One lady I read about started the £2.99 trial which was for a month and obviously thought "oh that's good I will lose some weight and it doesn't cost that much!" but then after a month the company took another £80 out of her bank account for the next months pills which she didn't want and now she can't get in touch with the company! Scary!
    If she has bought them in a shop then its not so scary but i'm not convinced how they would work.
    Hope this helps
    Mik x
  • carina_75
    carina_75 Posts: 88
    Options
    I tried that 'diet' about 3 monts ago. I brought the pills from Holland and Barret, so didn't get caught in the online scam-which it is. To be honest i wouldn't reccomend it. It did curb my appetie and i lost a couple of pounds in the first month without changing my food, but imo its just another fad, Healthy eating, portion control and fresh fruit and veggis to keep you regular work even better!! :-)
  • pandaeye
    pandaeye Posts: 126
    Options
    I tried the acai berry on it's own from holland and barratt but all it did was make me feel bloated and a bit constipated so I stopped taking it. Was tempted to try the trials my self but was worried after loosing the weight so quickly it would go back on just as quick. Having suffered from ulcerative colitis a few years ago I have to be quite careful. I don't get it anymore but am very aware of what I put in my body. Think what we do on MFP is a way better way of doing it and you gets loads of support to keep you going. Think your friend should be careful and really look into it before trying it. Hope this helps! Xx
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    "Colon cleanse" what a load of old cobblers. A normal healthy colon does not need "cleansing" and if your friend is determined tell them to get an enema. *rolls eyes*

Tell your friend that it's eating crap, eating too much of it and not getting up off their fat *kitten* and doing stuff that makes them fat, and unless they deal with that, pills aren't going to help one bit.

I'm not surprised you're worried, I would be. If you can, try and persuade your friend to join this site and make the long term changes that are needed. Far better for the two of you to do it together and support each other than for your friend to try and take short cuts that we all know are a bad idea.