nothing tastes better as thin feels, as kate moss once said.

Options
:smile: nothing tastes as good as thin feels? true or dangerous to say? x

Replies

• Sarah_uk
    Sarah_uk Posts: 209
    Options
    It is true,but can lead to eating disorders,which obviously isn't such a good thing.
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    I could probably think of a few things that taste better... :laugh:
  • laurie1984uk
    Options
    haha yeah and me lollll x:laugh:
  • kirstiey
    kirstiey Posts: 243
    Options
    It's her job, so for her it makes sense. Kate never exercises either so she has to eat nothing (i do know this to be true, though she does do yoga / pilates sometimes)

Don't eat what your not willing to burn off, might be better!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I don't think the muscly look is what Kate Moss is going for, so eating more and exercising probably doesn't appeal. I kind of half agree. I don't think there's ever a need to eat a LOT of something, you can get the taste from a tiny bit, but I do think there is a certain comfort from feeling like you have eaten something. I haven't eaten nearly enough recently, and I do feel a bit.....empty. Not just in my stomach. In my head.
  • suzitkd
    suzitkd Posts: 110
    Options
    Eeurgh, who wants to be thin? I certainly don't! I would never want to have my bones poking out like those catwalk models (never going to happen lol!). I want to be curvy and gorgeous! I want to have a healthy BMI! Ask any blokes if he wants thin and bony woman or slim and gorgeous and I know what answer you'll get! I prefer the mantra of 'What do I want more, that slice of pizza or to fit into my favourite jeans again?'
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    Eeurgh, who wants to be thin? I certainly don't! I would never want to have my bones poking out like those catwalk models (never going to happen lol!). I want to be curvy and gorgeous! I want to have a healthy BMI! Ask any blokes if he wants thin and bony woman or slim and gorgeous and I know what answer you'll get! I prefer the mantra of 'What do I want more, that slice of pizza or to fit into my favourite jeans again?'

True, when I see bone skinny girls I tend to feel like I'm going to puke in my mouth. It just completely disgusts me for some reason and I know I'm not the only guy who thinks that by a long shot.
  • laurie1984uk
    Options
    All good points people x keep em coming x
  • wildon883r
    wildon883r Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    It's empowering to be able to wear jeans i wore in my mid 20's. It's empowering to look around and say for once i'm not one of those fat people that makes up about 80% of everybody i see in public these days. It's empowering knowing all it took was a choice by me to eat healthy. So yeah i would rather look good then eat a piece of oh so delicious pizza pie but since i can have both it both ways i do.
  • wendix
    wendix Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    i agree in the sense that i get a much bigger satisfaction out of losing another little bit of weight compared to the satisfaction of eating a chocolate bar in the sense that the weight loss motivates me and puts me in a positive frame of mind.

however, i don't think t his saying really conveys that... it's more just a slogan that i've heard waaaay too often to promote eating disorders.
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I think it's a fine line between healthy calorie counting and eating disorders and there are way too many young people (not just girls) who stray on the wrong side of it. People in Kate Mose's position of celebrity should be promoting health not being too skinny. I thumbs up the curvy celebs like Holly Whillouby and Kelly Brooke (UK celeb sorry if you don't know who I mean), who although slim, still have their curves :D
  • gemco
    gemco Posts: 129
    Options
    this is a slimming world motto as well. they email it to me if i miss a few classes LOL. i dont think its a great message for young girls who are never as fat as they think they are, but its perfectly sensible for an overweight person. thats what you (i) need to think all the time. will this make me happier than losing weight? unlikely, but occasionally, yes!
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Maybe it should be changed to;

"Junk food never tastes as good as being fit and healthy feels"

:bigsmile:
  • Noctuary
    Noctuary Posts: 255
    Options
    Well if you are Kate Moss the answer is heroin. She probably likes that more than anything.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Well if you are Kate Moss the answer is heroin. She probably likes that more than anything.
    Exactly. We need a "like" button on here! :bigsmile:

What could be a positive message about not overeating is subverted by the fact that it was Kate Moss who said it.

She's hardly a positive role model, and I find her famous "skinny fat" look even more repulsive than my fat (but strengthening and reducing) body. Even at the weight I am now, I'd much rather have my body than hers.
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options

Hahaha... YES :)
  • jessradtke
    jessradtke Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    You know, I ONLY associate that saying with pro-ana/mia sites now, so I'm going to go with "dangerous". I don't think it's true either.
  • JazzyJanel
    JazzyJanel Posts: 5
    Options
    I don't agree with Kate. I worry about finding a balance in my overall happiness and contentment with life, and NOT what other people think. Also, Kate was on DRUGS, probably to stay thin so I don't really feel she believed in her own quote. Just my opinion though.
  • laurie1984uk
    Options
    Thanks all xxxxxx my opinion I think is...... yeah I agree with you that said bout the drugs and stuff, I crave for the feeling to be thin, so I look good, feel more my old self but I think the statement can lead to eating disorders xxx