Anyone have any useful weight loss tips??

Options
Becka357
Becka357 Posts: 9 Member
edited June 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Anyone live in Auckland, NZ??
I have been struggling with my weight for a few years and want to lose as much weight as I can (in a healthy way) before my leg operation.. my current goal is to lose around 15kgs so far I've lost 5kgs.

Anyone got any tips for me??

Replies

• angella_jacobs93
    angella_jacobs93 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I live in upstate NY...honestly...a lot of my motivation is to be a "hot mamma" lol! best of luck!
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    One weightloss tip that has kept me on track is to NOT kick yourself in the *kitten* for one meal or one day you went overboard. Just move on from it instead of giving up and eating that way for weeks and months on end.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Use a food scale.
    Be brutally honest in every detail with your logging.
    Stick to the goals MFP gives you.
    Be patient.
  • ashleypetrie4
    ashleypetrie4 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I always have to remind myself that it's "persistence and consistence" that gets you where you want to be, not perfection. Good luck on your journey!
  • Desert_flower3
    Desert_flower3 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your 5KG! thats a lot! Keep doing what you are doing. Be patient. Make sure to make healthy choices as it is not just a quick fix otherwise you will gain it back. Drink lots of water. Log everything even on your bad days. Be happy x
  • cristydaisylove
    cristydaisylove Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    What usually side tracks me is that the progress is not as quick as I would like. This quote helps me - "It's a slow process. Don't make it slower by quitting." The time is going to pass anyway. It's best to always do what's best for your body and health and be patient. And don't continually weigh yourself. The scale does not always tell the truth.
  • Becka357
    Becka357 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I usually weigh myself weekly. I lost most of my weight over the summer but gained a little when I went back to study... I've now fully dropped sugar from my life and I hope that makes a difference :)
  • h9dlb
    h9dlb Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Eat less, move more
  • rob23NZ
    rob23NZ Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Becka. I'm also from Auckland. How's the weight loss going? I lost 17kg a few years ago and have put it back on. I'm back into losing it again. Dropping sugar is a great idea. Another is being planned ahead: food set aside for meals and snacks, gym gear ready to go for the morning, activities booked etc.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Use a food scale.
    Be brutally honest in every detail with your logging.
    Stick to the goals MFP gives you.
    Be patient.

Hellz yes.

And educate yourself about weight loss and how it works. It's a simple process that does not involve detoxes, fad diets, starvation mode, etc.