bad stomach pains since starting my diet

Options
hi, i started my diet about 3 weeks ago, cutting my calories down to 1,400. for the past 2 weeks i have been getting bad stomach pains, mainly in the mornings. also, i dont really know how to put this, but it doesnt really seem like a 'healthy' person going to the toilet if you know what i mean :( any advice? do you think taking multi vitamins would help?

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    You are kind of asking for medical advice and asking for medical advice on the internets is going to be counter productive. Go see a doctor.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Might be worth tracking Protein and Fibre in your diary.

For the other issue, you need to be more candid :
    BSF-with-highlight.gif
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    are you pregnant?
  • sammiewammie444
    sammiewammie444 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    no, not pregnant. i wouldnt be dieting if i was haha :)
  • Faithful_Chosen
    Faithful_Chosen Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    What did you cut out and what did you introduce to your diet...? The change in produce might be upsetting your intestinal flora. You might even be triggering an intollerance of some sort. See a doctor if it doesn't settle soon!
  • FitnessTim
    FitnessTim Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    You are kind of asking for medical advice and asking for medical advice on the internets is going to be counter productive. Go see a doctor.

What he said. Talk to your doctor.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Are you getting enough fat? Often, when we start minding what we eat, the first thing that happens is your fat levels drop. Not enough fat = no doodie! Alternatively, if your problem is in the other direction, it may be that you've significantly upped your fibre and your belly is having a field day.
  • sammiewammie444
    sammiewammie444 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    yes i will book an appointment with the doctor if it carries on. just wondering if anyone here might have experienced it and might be able to give me advice.
    the only thing i have changed in my diet really, is cutting out most of the snacking i used to do. i still snack, but just not as much