Need help

Options
I started trying to lose weight about 6 weeks ago. While initially successful, it is starting to slow down (I know it's normal) and I'm starting to lose motivation. Cravings are unreal. What are some of the things you do when you start to struggle? Please add me as a friend for some motivation

Replies

• Muzzoozal
    Muzzoozal Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I try to remember it's not for weight loss but health. artificial sweeteners can cause cravings - use something like Stevia. Make sure you're getting enough protein. Hang in there!
  • Trishfitz78
    Trishfitz78 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    When you feel like quitting, Remember why you started!
    "buckle into a roller coaster, and I can't keep up with my friends on the basketball court"
    Talk to your friend who has lost 60lbs! I'm sure they're there to help you through.
    And remember this is long term! If you really fancy something - have it!! Then get back on track! You can't deny yourself everything forever :smile:
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Habits take time to develop. Until you have a better structure, you are bound to navigate back to old habits. You have to push yourself towards your goals. The key is to never give up. Don't waste time or energy whining about a bad day or week. Put it behind you and keep moving.
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    You need a rock solid why. Something that is more important to you than any snack or excuse. Why are doing doing this journey? Also, an awesome support group is vital. You need a place to go for advice, encouragement, and a swift kick in the pants. I help to run a great support and accountability group on Facebook for people looking to improve their health and fitness. It's just a bunch of people supporting and encouraging each other to make progress towards their goals. It's an awesome community. If you're interested in it, I'd be glad to chat with you about it.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Look at your before pictures. You've lost 18 pounds, thats excellent! When my friends start to lose motivation I tell them to go to the store and put a bag of cat litter down their pants. In your case, grab a couple of 10 pounders and walk up and down the isles of the store. You want to go back there?