Struggling to stay motivated

Options
Is anyone else having some trouble trying to stay motivated

Replies

• jimbopolo
    jimbopolo Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Yep, quite a lot of the time. Just started cutting out as much added sugar as I can and it has taken away my motivation to exercise. what sort of exercise are you trying to do?
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Some things that keep me motivated are breaking goals down into weekly goals so I can celebrate successes. Where I used to go wrong was in crossing the success out which gave me nothing to go back and look at when I was feeling unmotivated. Another thing is to reach out online to those who support me just as you are doing. It helps to find a supporter who can keep you accountable and you them.
  • VexBlack
    VexBlack Posts: 5 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Motivation is difficult sometimes. I know I find it hard to stay motivated to go to the gym, and it's literally 400 meters from where I live!

If you're struggling, buy something as a reward and put it in a container of some kind. Place the container in plain view like on the dining table, or somewhere that is central in a room so it's quite obvious. Set yourself a goal like a "5-day streak" or "100 calories under your target each day". Then, when you have achieved your goal you can open the container and have whatever is in there.

In theory this is a good little tool to help you. However, it's up to you to keep strong and follow your rules!

If you really struggling, get some one to keep the reward and then ask them for it when you've reached your goal.
  • Itisibigj39
    Itisibigj39 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    It's an everyday struggle for me
  • FitnessTim
    FitnessTim Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    When people talk about "motivation" they are usually referring to that fleeting excitement one feels when pursuing their goals. I have learned not to depend on that feeling. I just try to do what I planned to do regardless of how I'm feeling.

The days when you workout or stick to your diet when you don't feel like it are worth 10X those days you do when you are excited to do so. I can't prove that but having that perspective helps me get through those days when I feel like taking a break.

• nsinclair92
    nsinclair92 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm doing walking with my dog mostly and some squats ect in the house ! I was thinking of doing like a monthly goal for myself to say I can buy something that I want like a new top ect if I meet it but not sure weather to do it a weekly one first ! What exercise is everyone doing ? As I have been in a car crash so am very limited to what I am allowed to do ect
  • teamfit2day
    teamfit2day Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm doing walking with my dog mostly and some squats ect in the house ! I was thinking of doing like a monthly goal for myself to say I can buy something that I want like a new top ect if I meet it but not sure weather to do it a weekly one first ! What exercise is everyone doing ? As I have been in a car crash so am very limited to what I am allowed to do ect

What kinds of things can and cant you do right now? I only ask so that I can suggest the right things for you.