Help me! Binged last night and feel terrible!!!!

Options
I got home from a long day at work. I'm a housekeeper and I knew I was hungry. So I made dinner which was scrambled eggs and toast with some hot sauce. Then I saw there was leftover pizza from my family and I totally binged and had 4 pieces. I hate myself. Will I gain weight? How can I not gain weight? Please please help me!!!!

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    4 pieces doesn't sound like much of a binge to me haha, but anyway don't worry about it. Just carry on today as normal. You didn't put on all your weight from 4 slices of pizza before, you're not gonna suddenly put it all back on from 4 slices of pizza now.
  • haleyjones7
    haleyjones7 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Your body probably feels very heavy right now. You may even get a little bloated due to eating pizza, a food that you generally do not eat in large amounts. Eat light today to rid yourself of the bloat and try to up your fiber. You will not gain weight as mentioned prior, you didnt gain all of the weight from pizza. Just pick yourself up and look forward :)
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Yeah probably not- just log it and move on. If you got on the scale this morning you may have seen a slight increase due to the sodium content usually in pizza. But if you get right back on the bandwagon you should be fine. One meal of eating too much isn't cause for panic- everyone has those from time to time. As a housekeeper you probably don't have time to stop and eat but in the future you may wish to keep some high fiber snacks in the car or something that you can munch on your way home so you won't be famished when you get home and are thus less likely to "binge"- maybe an apple?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    You might retain some fluid from the salt, so don't freak out if the scale jumps. But 4 pieces of pizza is not the end of the world at all. Log it, move on.
  • Squeaky_XO
    Squeaky_XO Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Okey dokey. So if it's mostly sodium from the pizza should I drink more water than usual and increase my core workouts? Or keep my usual workouts going as normal?
  • bubaluboo
    bubaluboo Posts: 2,098 Member
    Options
    How many calories do you allow yourself? Sounds like after a hard days work house keeping you'd need to eat more than eggs on toast. Was that going to be your main meal of the day? Perhaps you're setting yourself up to fail by not having a realistic goal. Depending on size, thick/thin crust those pizza slices may not have added as many calories as you might think...did you log? Sometimes I've thought I ruined a day but then when I logged it was still within my limit.
  • Squeaky_XO
    Options
    And I use to weigh myself on Sundays but found Fridays work better for me.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Just drink some water and move on. And maybe loosen your grip a little.
  • sammiewammie444
    sammiewammie444 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    just know that it is ok to have 'off' days. most people do. you wont put on weight so dont worry :) i actually allow myself to have off days to keep me sane haha. i have been on my diet for 3 weeks now and i have had 3 or 4 off days so far and its not affected my weight loss
  • Squeaky_XO
    Options

By loosen grip you mean don't stress too much right?
  • Squeaky_XO
    Options
    just know that it is ok to have 'off' days. most people do. you wont put on weight so dont worry :) i actually allow myself to have off days to keep me sane haha. i have been on my diet for 3 weeks now and i have had 3 or 4 off days so far and its not affected my weight loss

Wow really? Thats definitely reasurring. :)
  • DeguelloTex
    Options
    Squeaky_XO wrote: »

By loosen grip you mean don't stress too much right?
    Yes.
  • kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I similarly went over my calorie limit yesterday. I went to the movies with my family and shared popcorn, then my mom decided spontaneously to go out for dinner (when I was already pretty full) and, as the saying goes, "my eyes were bigger than my stomach".

I think it's hard not to beat yourself up about going over, but it's important. I've read that in studies done on people trying to lose weight, people who didn't beat themselves up as much about a "failure" ended up losing more weight. Because being calm and not stressed serves the goal better, and helps you stay to your plan and not overeat and binge as much. :smile:
  • phinphanbill26
    phinphanbill26 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    You probably did yourself a favor. The body needs to be "tricked" every now and again. Just continue about your normal workout routine and maintain good eating habits (not diet), and you'll be fine.
  • DeguelloTex
    Options
    You probably did yourself a favor. The body needs to be "tricked" every now and again. Just continue about your normal workout routine and maintain good eating habits (not diet), and you'll be fine.
    The body doesn't need to be tricked.

• CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Look, you can't change that you slipped. The only thing you can control now is today. Everyone has bad moments but the only people that are successful are the ones that just deal with it and move on. Also...think about it this way...did one bad meal get you to where you are now? No. No it did not. This one bad choice will only have a bad outcome if you use it as an excuse to give up. And that is the bottom line.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    food is just food and you ate food. this is neither good or bad. it just is.
    now is it going to help you get to where you want to go to always eat like that? no but I'm sure you don't plan an always doing that.

it happened. move forward. don't look behind. you will be ok
  • chris_finnigan
    chris_finnigan Posts: 9 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Who can resist leftover pizza, you would be a robot if you could!

I have a friday night splurge every week, chinese meal, rice, prawn crackers. I tend not to punish myself for it, it's not a bad day. I look at the weekly average and if i stay under for the week the world is good. I just adjust for it across the week. I'm 19kg down now in just over 4months.

Ironically, some of my biggest wieghtlosses, and plateau breaking periods have followed a big family meal out at a resturant or something where I've just said, diet's off tonight, it's a celebration.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options

Ironically, some of my biggest wieghtlosses, and plateau breaking periods have followed a big family meal out at a resturant or something where I've just said, diet's off tonight, it's a celebration.
    isn't that strange? me too!
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Who can resist leftover pizza, you would be a robot if you could!

I have a friday night splurge every week, chinese meal, rice, prawn crackers. I tend not to punish myself for it, it's not a bad day. I look at the weekly average and if i stay under for the week the world is good. I just adjust for it across the week. I'm 19kg down now in just over 4months.

That happens when you loosen your grip.