• txfrankie0823
    txfrankie0823 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    beat meals to lose weight using ground turkey and chicken

I mean best
  • chloeelizabethm
    chloeelizabethm Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I like to make sweet and sour turkey meatballs. It tastes just like takeout but has a lot less calories! It's quite high in carbs but if you're not bothered about that then you're good. I usually have with stir fried vegetables but that's because I'm low carbing at the moment. If you're not, have rice or noodles!

I have the book with the recipe on, but the blog below has the recipe too. Just change the pork to turkey/chicken mince.

http://cookingwithkam.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/lorraine-pascales-sweet-and-sour-pork.html
  • bmchenry02
    bmchenry02 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Anything goes as long as it's not loaded with processed junk...just google search what you like. There's no 1 turkey/chicken dish that will aid in weight loss...anything goes if it's within your calorie goals. If you're tracking what you eat keep it simple!

Grilled chicken, turkey burgers, meatballs, rotisserie chicken...all staples in my week.
  • madeleadele
    madeleadele Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    @chloeelizabethm those sound SO GOOD! I was also going to suggest turkey meatballs :)

I suppose you could stir fry some minced veggies with the ground meat itself and make lettuce wraps with it (a mock chicken lettuce wrap popular at asian restaurants).
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I make Turkey, Black Bean and Butternut Squash chilli, it's delicious.
  • chloeelizabethm
    chloeelizabethm Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    @madeleadele they're pretty awesome, the first time I made it I just kept saying 'it smells and tastes so realistic!' as if real food wasn't realistic! Definitely give them a go, I don't even get tempted by sweet and sour at the Chinese now because it's so like what you can buy. Good idea on the lettuce wraps too, love those :)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Why does it have to be ground turkey and chicken? Weight loss comes from a calorie deficit, and you can achieve that with whatever food you like. Do you only like ground turkey and chicken?
  • txfrankie0823
    Options
    Why does it have to be ground turkey and chicken? Weight loss comes from a calorie deficit, and you can achieve that with whatever food you like. Do you only like ground turkey and chicken?

If u want results faster eat lean meats and I don't like red meat
    I know it's about calories but eating right is better
  • txfrankie0823
    Options
    I know a couple but wanted to know more I do a Mexican chicken

It's red and green bell peppers and onions cook that first and on the side some beans lol
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options

If u want results faster eat lean meats
    If you want "results faster" you need a bigger deficit. But it can backfire (because you are human).
    I don't like red meat
    Do you like fish? Beans? Eggs? Dairy? Nuts? Shellfish?
    I know it's about calories but eating right is better
    It doesn't have to be either/or. And variety is very important for health!
  • bunnywestley81
    bunnywestley81 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Could you not use not ground? Like the actual bits...thighs, legs, breasts?

That can open up interesting new recipes and techniques.

But mince... meatballs, burgers, chili/tacos/ect, bolognaise, lasagne, mousaka, cottage pie type thing, meatloaf...nah, all out of ideas now...