99 calorie pizza

Options
bmw4deb
bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
I love trying to come up with low calorie recipes tonights challenge was Pizza
I think I did pretty good 99 calories per piece and it is gooood.

Two sandwich thins (total of 4 slices) 200 calories
1/4 cup of pizza sauce 30 calories
1/4 cup shredded moz cheese lowfat 80 calories
1 cup mushrooms 16 calories
17 pieces hormel turkey peperoni 70 calories

Total 396 calories for four pieces Thats 99 calories each
I actually only used 3 pcs of peperoni per serving so its lower than the 99.
any ideas to make it lower let me know.

Replies

• MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mpeace1406
    mpeace1406 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious! I make these with light english muffins sometimes. Gotta love low cal pizza!
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    You rock! I'm going to make those! I always use the sandwich thins for sandwiches and use them instead of hamburger buns also! sweet, thanks!
  • littlecaponey2
    littlecaponey2 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Sounds YUMMY, I will have to try that!!!!

And I am new....what does "bump" mean or stand for??? LOL!!! I've seen alot of people using it on MFP....
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I was craving pizza tonight, but I thought I was going to have to bypass. I have all of the ingredients --- thanks for the idea!
  • bmw4deb
    Options
    You rock! I'm going to make those! I always use the sandwich thins for sandwiches and use them instead of hamburger buns also! sweet, thanks!

I love the sandwich thins and bagels.
  • twinkle1074
    twinkle1074 Posts: 35
    Options
    I am definitely gonna try this recipe...I actually have been looking for a good low cal version of pizza and here it is : )
  • blue04711
    blue04711 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Bump is just a quick reply usually so it shows up in your Recent Posts.
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I make pizza on Flat Outs or Lavash bread. They are awesome!! Very low calories and healthy because the lavash bread has flax in it. I use fat free ricotta cheese too. I like your recipe as well. Will have to try that out sometime.

Thanks!
  • Ree_Chatelain
    Ree_Chatelain Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I use the flat out wraps for pizza and no meat just veggies. I'm a pizza addict so it has helped when the cravings hit... OH but the other night I was out of flat out wraps and used the La tortilla low carb wraps only 50 calories for 1. (they are the size of a soft taco shell) i think they tasted better then the flat out wrap.
  • cweiler4
    cweiler4 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Bump it! :)
  • gatedialer
    gatedialer Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I like eggplant pizza or pizza on wraps. I don't consume dairy so I use a light cheese and I some marinara sauce but I load the wrap with tomato, onions, bell pepper and mushrooms.
  • lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Sunjenk
    Sunjenk Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    If you like those sandwich thins, I HIGHLY recommend Joseph's brand small pita breads, they are 45 calories each, larger than the sandwich things, taste DELICIOUS, and if you have two, its 90 calories, which is less than the 100 sandwich thins.....I love them.

I dont like the sandwich thins for whatever reason, the texture of the smooth outside tastes awful to me, but those pita breads are fantastic, and can definitely be used for pizza, plus they crisp up nice if you want them too!!
  • bmw4deb
    Options
    If you like those sandwich thins, I HIGHLY recommend Joseph's brand small pita breads, they are 45 calories each, larger than the sandwich things, taste DELICIOUS, and if you have two, its 90 calories, which is less than the 100 sandwich thins.....I love them.

I dont like the sandwich thins for whatever reason, the texture of the smooth outside tastes awful to me, but those pita breads are fantastic, and can definitely be used for pizza, plus they crisp up nice if you want them too!!

I will lok for these thanks
  • nurseaim
    nurseaim Posts: 146
    Options
    bump
  • heatherseona
    heatherseona Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I made those for supper last night...I thought I had created something new. :wink: I will even make them for my daughter who will love them when she gets home this memorial day weekend. She will love making them on her own when she wants something low calorie.
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    I made a really great pizza a few days ago that my kids loved, even! Used a flat-out for the crust, about .5 T of Italian dressing for the "sauce", put on a little grilled chicken, broccoli, and mozz cheese. Not sure about the calories and such, but I do know it was very low! :-)