the big 3-0

Options
So I'm turning 30 on tues. I have a big burger lunch planned for 6/4 cause I thought I might not get the day off, but it looks like I may end up getting it off after all. My hubby asked me if there was anything I want to do ON my birthday, and I couldn't think of anything. I don't want to reschedule my lunch for sooner, but I think maybe I should be making more of a deal out of this milestone than I feel like right now.... Any suggestions?

Replies

• wheelieblade
    wheelieblade Posts: 323
    Options
    i didn't really do owt for mine was meant to be going to Sheffield a football match having a night out but after returning from Dublin at about 9am I got home had a cuppa and fell asleep
  • alanthiana
    alanthiana Posts: 3
    Options
    I just hit 30 at the beginning of this month. Stayed home, and had my future mother-in-law and fiancee over for chinese food and cake. Low key, but fun.
  • skbruewer
    skbruewer Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I just turned 30 on the 21st. My hubby managed to get a friend of mine to come into town for lunch, then he took me out to a fancy dinner at the same place he proposed to me in 10 years ago. I ate whatever I wanted(although I was very good the rest of the week, and exercised), and I still managed to lose a pound that week. It was a great!
  • jennywrens
    jennywrens Posts: 208
    Options
    I'm turning 30 in October - I don't have any major party plans but I'll definitely go out dancing with my close friends!! - They can drink but I can't anymore due to lifelong medication so I guess I'll just see in my thirties by laughing at all the stupid things my friends do when drunk!

Happy upcoming Birthday - hope its a lovely day whether you plan anything or not!!
  • fosterks
    fosterks Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm 30 on the last day of June. This is my ultimate goal, and I hope to be at my goal weight by then. I will then be awarding myself four days off, and am determined to enjoy myself because it's another 10 years until my next big birthday. And I reckon so long as I keep up with some exercise over my birthday four days, then I won't do too much harm!!!
  • Thexplodingirl
    Options
    Ha ha so sleeping in and tv marathons then? My sister said she didn't do anything on hers either...
  • fosterks
    fosterks Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    No, I have some lovely meals out planned, at which I will not be scrutinising the menu for the healthiest thing, and will just be eating whatever I bloody well like!!! Going to try and get at least one class in a day though, apart from on the actual day. Got to try and counteract it in some way!!!
  • Thexplodingirl
    Options
    Gotta have some balance. I did ask the posh restaurant for a calorie count on that burger if they would please do so, I emphasized how much weight I lost and said I totally understand if they can't.... I almost always work out for 90 mins min on my days off. I think I might only be able to eat half anyway!
  • Crystalchaos72
    Options
    It :flowerforyou: is YOUR day! Spend it however you want, low key, no key whatever! When I turned thirty I went out dancing and got sh@*-faced.......I know not everyone exactly loves their birthday but do whatever you please