Need encouragement to get back on the wagon!

Options
kayakrage
kayakrage Posts: 3 Member
edited July 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hey I previously lost almost 40 lbs with the help of this app. I fell off the wagon some time back and lost some additional progress I had made. Looking for some folks that could help me remotivate to finish the job.

Replies

• melduf
    melduf Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Hi! The best way to lose weight is to have a plan (workout program, nutrition plan and support). The sad truth is, same goes for maintaining. I'm getting pretty close to my goal weight. I log everyday and I log everything I eat. I also message friends who don't show up in a while. Feel free to add me :)
  • SimplyMicheleR
    SimplyMicheleR Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm also trying to get back on the wagon. Community helps, a lot. Nice to see others in the same boat. Baby stepping it this time.
  • grandmama1945
    grandmama1945 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I got tired of going to a restaurant and searching the menu for the healthiest and most diet friendly thing on the menu. I started eating anything I want to, sweet tea, sweets, not portion control etc. Guess what. I have packed on 19 lbs since last summer. Most of it in the past 6 months. Today I start fresh AGAIN. I have a hard time starting a discussion on a page that keeps going. I think this group might work. Kayakrage, just keep counting those calories on here, get your complex carbs, lean protein, healthy fats. non starch veggies and drink your water.
    I am right there with you and the rest of these girls. I don't do strenuous exercise but I am a very active 70 year old. I still work 4 days a week. I have at least 20 lbs. to lose. Let's go!
  • lharbury
    lharbury Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I can lose weight, and I can gain weight. It is the illusive goal of MAINTAINING that I find so difficult. I'm recommitting today to logging all on the daily diary and see if I can learn to live within a food budget.
  • kayakrage
    kayakrage Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks folks! The summer foods and drinks have been tough to ignore lately. Having the 15 lbs I recently lost can make a world of difference with comfort even in the heat. Can't wait to finish the job I started years ago. It hasn't been a quick process but it will be a completed process. Can't wait to shove it in the faces of those who said I couldn't do it or said it wasn't realistic. We got this team!