Burn calories with a rotting toe?

Options
I've been at this for a couple of weeks but nothing's happened. I recently started using the pill and gained 10 pounds which then mysteriously fell off in the space of two days a couple weeks later but now I'm really limeted to what I can do to burn calories because I've properly f***ed up my toenails walking 43 miles for charity. (12 hours, 7 minutes before you ask (: )
I went to the chiropodist on friday and she cut away the dead nail so now I have an exposed toe which I think might now be rotting away because it smells awful and there's a hole in it. I think I can see bone as well... Dx
Anywho I need advice :S
What can I do to burn calories because I can't go running and I'm limited to how much walking I can do because my hips still haven't recovered -_-

Replies

• Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I've been at this for a couple of weeks but nothing's happened. I recently started using the pill and gained 10 pounds which then mysteriously fell off in the space of two days a couple weeks later but now I'm really limeted to what I can do to burn calories because I've properly f***ed up my toenails walking 43 miles for charity. (12 hours, 7 minutes before you ask (: )
    I went to the chiropodist on friday and she cut away the dead nail so now I have an exposed toe which I think might now be rotting away because it smells awful and there's a hole in it. I think I can see bone as well... Dx
    Anywho I need advice :S
    What can I do to burn caloried because I can't go running and I'm limeted to how much walking I can do because my hips still haven't recovered -_-

I think you ought to go and see the doctor again before you have a more serious infection! THEN worry about exercising.
  • wheelieblade
    wheelieblade Posts: 323
    Options
    what he said!
  • Sarah_uk
    Sarah_uk Posts: 209
    Options
    If it smells awful then I'd go to the dr again as that sounds like an infection. You might need antibiotics.
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it sounds like the toe is not healing properly and you ought to consider returning to the doc for further treatment. On the other hand, a bicycle gives you a pretty decent workout if you get on it! 449 calories per hour at a 10 - 12 mph pace according to the exercise database.
  • cculver78
    cculver78 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I think 10 pounds is nothing compared to losing a toe or worse because of a serious infection, which it sounds like you have. You need to go to the Doctor, NOW. Or the emergency room if you think you can see bone. Seriously!! Now. Go. I would say run, dont walk, but given the situation you are in..... just get there.
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Go visit your doctor
  • littlemili
    littlemili Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I can't believe burning calories even figures on your list of priorities right now...seriously sort your foot out and eat less until it's better. If you are desperate then do upper body weights but if you are sensible you will let you body have all the energy and nutrition it needs to fight the infection before you start exercising again. Be sure that you are eating enough vitamins and minerals at the moment.
  • chubbyandawkward
    Options
    :/
    The cuticles at the bottom and left side have gone swollen as well but they're white instead of red DX
    I showed my dad this morning and he didn't bat an eyelid so I assumed this is normal for a removed toenail. Guess not D: It's in a salt bath right now, which the chiropodist recommended.
    My dad said the smell whas just sweat but tonails don't sweat as far as I'm aware, perhaps I should be concerned o.0
  • shimila1101
    shimila1101 Posts: 119
    Options
    Go straight to your dr or the ER. Do not pass go, do not get to exercise. I would be more worried about losing my toe and going septic than how many calories I can burn.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    :/
    The cuticles at the bottom and left side have gone swollen as well but they're white instead of red DX
    I showed my dad this morning and he didn't bat an eyelid so I assumed this is normal for a removed toenail. Guess not D: It's in a salt bath right now, which the chiropodist recommended.
    My dad said the smell whas just sweat but tonails don't sweat as far as I'm aware, perhaps I should be concerned o.0

It is normal for the skin that used to be beneath the toenail to be sensitive and a little irritated as it no longer has a toenail protecting it.

It should not smell. You should not be able to see bone. If you can see bone, you have a very serious infection and could end up with either a bone infection or sepsis. People die of sepsis.

You really need to get this toe looked at again by a doctor. You're not a minor so you can go to the doctor without your father's blessing.
  • xMissy6x
    xMissy6x Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Id still get it checked out before anything, health first, diet later. Just try eat healthy in the mean while :)
  • GoneWithTheWhinge
    GoneWithTheWhinge Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Please go and get it checked out. Don't take risks with your health. Seriously you are here to get healthier, healthy people cannot see their bones through holes in flesh.

If you want to look at it in terms of exercise and calories; if you do have an infection that gets worse you'll be away from exercising for a lot longer following a toe amputation than you would by getting it sorted now.

Please please go and get it checked.
  • Sarah_uk
    Sarah_uk Posts: 209
    Options
    Did you get it checked out??