Anyone else pregnant?

Options
13 weeks along with my second baby, want to make friends with more pregnant mommas! Add me! ❤️ I gained 24 lbs with my first pregnancy and that's what I'm shooting for again. Not easy!

Replies

• antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Thats a good amount to gain, meaning its not too much ;-) I just had my baby end of March, I used fitness plant track my iron so I wont have to be put on iron supplements...and it worked..its good to know vitamin content of food (go to the nutrition part of fitness pal to see) especially when growing a healthy baby :)
  • greeneyedcharmer
    greeneyedcharmer Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    OMG I'm so glad I found this post. I'm now 6 months pregnant and desperately need to gain weight. My baby girl is growing just fine, but I've lost a ton of weight and it looking like they will have to do a c-section (which I really don't want) if I don't gain weight fast. I'm not trying to lose weight or anything. I'm just naturally never hungry. I have 15 weeks til my due date and I want to gain at least 16 lbs. I lost 24 lbs in my first trimester and it set me back alot.
  • A_bbyx3
    A_bbyx3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 21 weeks and my goal has been to gain 40 lbs by the end of my pregnancy. So far ive gained 9 lbs the doctor said I should of gained 11 by now so hopfully this app will help me out ☺ congrats and good luck to you
  • Rachel5K
    Rachel5K Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, just about to hit 28 weeks myself. I told myself I wouldn't be calorie conscious this pregnancy so I stopped tracking when we started trying to get pregnant. I didn't realize there was a way to account for pregnancy until just recently researched it. I found out that I can earn more points through our health program if I am regularly tracking my food so I have started up again, swearing to myself that I wouldn't let the calories get to me. I was actually surprised to find that I have been under in calorie count every day since, though, so I am regretting not tracking all along. :smiley:

I have gained about 22 lbs so far but I am really not shocked. I gained 40 with my first son and it all came off pretty immediately within weeks thanks to breastfeeding. I am glad to stumble across others who are going through the same journey. Anyone know what they are having yet? Tell me about your experiences.
  • gkvauthier32
    gkvauthier32 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Rachel5K wrote: »
    I didn't realize there was a way to account for pregnancy until just recently researched it. I found out that I can earn more points through our health program if I am regularly tracking my food so I have started up again,

Where did you find this? I have been tracking my food through Weight Watchers and MFP for a while now and would like to continue through my pregnancy. I am only 5 weeks pregnant and still trying to figure everything out!!!!

Thank for any advise people can share.

• firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    OMG I'm so glad I found this post. I'm now 6 months pregnant and desperately need to gain weight. My baby girl is growing just fine, but I've lost a ton of weight and it looking like they will have to do a c-section (which I really don't want) if I don't gain weight fast. I'm not trying to lose weight or anything. I'm just naturally never hungry. I have 15 weeks til my due date and I want to gain at least 16 lbs. I lost 24 lbs in my first trimester and it set me back alot.

I'm curious -- do you know why they think you'd need a c-section because of lack of weight gain? I've generally heard the opposite.
  • nmiehe
    nmiehe Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My wife is!! ;)
  • determined_14
    determined_14 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm about 6 weeks along, and determined to not gain as fast/to lose it sooner than I did with my first! This is a little bit tricky because I struggle with first-tri nausea that is only soothed by eating something! Thinking of getting some sugar-free ginger candies or ginger tea to combat the need to munch constantly.
  • Laurenjenai
    Laurenjenai Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    17 weeks 6 days here, 3rd pregnancy. I was never conscious of my weight with the other pregnancies but I'm hoping for a healthy weight gain this go around. I have my calorie goal set at 2240 I think and to gain .5 lbs a week rather than the suggested 1 lb, but I tend to go over a bit so I'll probably be closer to the 1 lb. I used this calculator if you want to check it out

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/pregnancy_calorie_calculator.htm
  • nikiswimr
    nikiswimr Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, 12 weeks here, second pregnancy, hopefully first take home baby (I had a miscarriage in October). I'm hoping for a healthy pregnancy. This is an IVF baby and I gained some weight during that process (5 lbs my doctor wanted me to gain, 5 lbs from the hormones). I'm currently up 2 lbs from my end IVF weight to 12 weeks but have been struggling with eating healthy and continuing my workouts due to pretty bad nausea. I'd love to meet others interested in a healthy pregnancy!
  • Korbyn5
    Korbyn5 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am just going to be starting week 6 of my pregnancy welcoming baby #3. I had finally started losing weight and was down 15 lbs when we found out. Now I just want to make sure I don't gain 80 like I did with my last!! Congrats to all of you expecting!!
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options

I'm not currently pregnant, but with each of my four babies I lost between 25 and 40 pounds. Babies were always nice and big, I was induced at 38 weeks with 3 of them (3rd baby came at 38 on her own) I don't know why they'd say c section though unless something else is going on? I always started at a healthy weight, then had to gain back after....
  • amytang82
    amytang82 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I to am 6 months along and just started tracking again. I gained 25 pounds with my first 4 years ago that never really came off and am looking to gain less with my second since I was already overweight.
    Thus far this pregnancy I have gained 6 pounds, I am eating better and am just looking for the motivation to get my body, energy and life back after this pregnancy!
  • chelsy0587
    chelsy0587 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Not sure how far along I am, first Dr apt on the 28th and they will determine then.
    2nd baby... we were not trying but of course we are happy.

I am, still on the rollercoaster of emotions as like I said we weren't trying to get pregnant. In fact it was the last thing I wanted as I'm so very scared to gain a ton and not have motivation to lose after the baby comes. Guess I feel a little guilty for not being excited, I mean this means my body is healthy... healthy enough to support another life... I feel like I should be ecstatic as Dr's told me I have POCS and another child would be very difficult.

I also suffer from first tri- sickness only soothed by filling my tummy. So far I'm doing okay but I don't think I'm any more than 8 weeks along.
  • Rachel5K
    Rachel5K Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Rachel5K wrote: »
    I didn't realize there was a way to account for pregnancy until just recently researched it. I found out that I can earn more points through our health program if I am regularly tracking my food so I have started up again,

Where did you find this? I have been tracking my food through Weight Watchers and MFP for a while now and would like to continue through my pregnancy. I am only 5 weeks pregnant and still trying to figure everything out!!!!

Thank for any advise people can share.
    SOOO sorry for the delay, I just now saw this. I had originally used the generic "Pregnancy - third trimester" but while it accounted for calories, it didn't account for anything else so my numbers were way out of whack every day; well under in calories but over in everything else. I did some research and created a new entry for Pregnancy which also accounts for many of the missing extras as well.
  • marymccutcheon1976
    marymccutcheon1976 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yep. I still hadn't lost all my weight from my 6 month old, so trying to minimize weight gain, since I'm starting out overweight. Hoping this will help keep me on track.
  • marymccutcheon1976
    marymccutcheon1976 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I'm 12 weeks...4th baby, plus I'm 39.
  • steph2strong
    steph2strong Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 16 weeks pregnant, hoping to gain only about 25 lbs. I have gained about 4 lbs so far. I'm having a boy and super excited about that. He will join his "big brother" Frank which is actually our miniature schnauzer, but I consider my first son.... and best running buddy I could ask for, kicks my but in 10 and 15 km runs constantly. Can't wait to add a baby stroller to the runs in addition to Frank.
  • JennyV2013
    JennyV2013 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm nearly 11 weeks with my 4th and need to get my healthy eating habits back on track. The 1st trimester nausea did me in, and I'm determined not to totally let myself go this pregnancy!
  • sweetochiken
    sweetochiken Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies not pregnant, but i am 6 months post partum. I gained 35 lbs while pregnant, that is normal plus this was my second and i am older now. Weight got back to normal a week after birth, and now I am below what i used to weigh. Don't get caught up in how much you wanna weigh, you can't really control that too much, enjoy the pregnancy, and obviously eat healthy and enough cheat meals ;). As far as gaining weight if your baby is fine, he and you are fine, its all about your body type(if you are petite, chances are you wont gain much). Both of my pregnancies, i lost about 10 lbs the first 2 or 3 months, and then gained that back the second trimester. Our babies are just taking all the fat and nutrients leftover in us to grow, doesnt mean you are unhealthy. I wish you all luck in your pregnancies. Enjoy your sleep!